Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excalibur MAG 340

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Personally I like the micro series
    Yes the micro is harder to pull, but with string puller it is pretty simple, I have a bad shoulder, 2 herniated discs and I am able to pull.
    I personally Like the 150 grain with the lighted nocks

After you have sighted in, mark the stock where the string sits in the uncocked position, that way you will be able to tell when teh string needs to be twisted and tightened a bit, someone taught me that and usually once I have gone thru the summer with all my shooting I will need to tighten the string

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymjt View Post
    Personally I like the micro series
    Yes the micro is harder to pull, but with string puller it is pretty simple, I have a bad shoulder, 2 herniated discs and I am able to pull.
    I personally Like the 150 grain with the lighted nocks

After you have sighted in, mark the stock where the string sits in the uncocked position, that way you will be able to tell when teh string needs to be twisted and tightened a bit, someone taught me that and usually once I have gone thru the summer with all my shooting I will need to tighten the string
    Good tip. I'm assuming the newer bows don't have the scribed line found on the Exocet.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Excellent bow. Compact for use in our box blinds and has dropped plenty of game. I use the standard 16.5" Quills with 150gr Excalibur Bolt Cutter broadheads. Very effective. Shoots tight groups, just as good as any of the more expensive models.

My only suggestion is to upgrade the scope to the Tact Zone scope, it's illuminated for better low light shooting. Where we are, that's 95% of the shots you're going to get at deer.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I work part time for an Excalibur Dealer.

Personally, I used to think a lot of the compound crossbows, then I began working at a shop. You get what you pay for. Sure Cabelas will sell you an "all in, ready to hunt" package, in the form of a Rocky Mountain, or a Centerpoint, for less than $500.00...

"The sweetness of a good price, never outlasts the bitterness of poor quality".

Excal has built their name on good quality, and decent value, followed up with 1st class warranty, and customer service. It's a decision that you won't regret.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    I work part time for an Excalibur Dealer.

Personally, I used to think a lot of the compound crossbows, then I began working at a shop. You get what you pay for. Sure Cabelas will sell you an "all in, ready to hunt" package, in the form of a Rocky Mountain, or a Centerpoint, for less than $500.00...

"The sweetness of a good price, never outlasts the bitterness of poor quality".

Excal has built their name on good quality, and decent value, followed up with 1st class warranty, and customer service. It's a decision that you won't regret.
    Agree 100%
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12