Thread: Looking for bow hunting partner

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Looking for bow hunting partner

I am an archer and a bow hunter located in Halton hills area. I am looking for a fellow archer to hunt with... my current hunting group is all gun guys.
    Looking for someone who is passionate about bow hunting to partner up with.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    I am an archer and a bow hunter located in Halton hills area. I am looking for a fellow archer to hunt with... my current hunting group is all gun guys.
    Looking for someone who is passionate about bow hunting to partner up with.
    Rami-welcome to the forum..
    Nature of the bow hunt is different then gun hunt.
    Partnering up to hunt is rather unlikely -to team up to share work of scouting/help setup-search for game etc,yes.
    To actually hunt-Bow hunting is generally a lonely affair.
    Good luck.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think GBK is pretty much correct, but not necessarily, depends on if you have place to hunt, so bring something to the table. I only hunt solo in my area, but I know a few guys that have property north of me that I go bow hunting with for a weekend here and there.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Bow hunting with a partner is better than going out alone, for many reasons, but it may take a few tries to find someone with the same hunting passion. I suggest you find a few spots and invite some hunters out to see how things go, now is the time to get the scouting done and you will have plenty of time before Oct 1.

When I was gun hunting, for me, firearms handling skills was the most important aspect. Since firearms safety is not as much a concern in bow hunting I found trust to be a bigger factor, good bow hunting spots are hard to find. If you need huntable areas in Halton send me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Marker; April 14th, 2022 at 01:52 PM.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

Just starting out

User Info Menu

You are right GBK.
    A gun is definitely much easier, but bowhunting is an addiction. Nothing like getting these animals in close and having a longer opportunity to watch them in their natural setting. If you get a bow and are comfortable shooting with it, I'd recommend being prepared to hunt archery early, and if things do not shape up the way you want, pull out the firearm later in the season.
    Oh, and now is also a good time to start studying whitetail behavior articles like these if you don't have much experience with them.