Thread: In search of live pigeons

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default In search of live pigeons

Hello,

My usual sources for live pigeons have passed away. It has been a little harder than anticipated for me to round up a couple. Does anyone know someone who has live pigeons for bird dogs? I'm just looking for a couple. We have our regular bird suppliers for frozen birds for hunt tests, but I wasn't looking to go that route if I didn't have to.

Thanks in advance for the info.
    HR UH Wyckoff's RedRooted Mud Puppy JH WCX RN - Reba
    HR Markwell's Ups A Daisy JH WCI RN - Jada
    HR UH Tullamore's Gunsablazing CGN CDX SH WCX - Burly (2003-2017)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Its amazing how them flying rats turned into prized fancy birds. Other than kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1616994514
    , might want to contact local pest control companies
    Last edited by finsfurfeathers; May 15th, 2022 at 04:20 PM.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Younge+Eglinton with a big net, or.... I imagine you'd have to fib if you buy "Pets" from kijiji. Is trapping your own an option? I see a lot of them roosting under bridge abutments near agriculture.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Its amazing how them flying rats turned into prized fancy birds. Other than kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1616994514
    , might want to contact local pest control companies
    I've tried those options. Pest control companies, I'd need to keep calling until they were going on a call because they release them immediately. And kijiji, I don't want someone's pedigreed racing bird. I respect the breeding program they try to put together. I'd take one of their duds, though lol

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BurlyGirl View Post
    , I don't want someone's pedigreed racing bird. I respect the breeding program they try to put together. I'd take one of their duds, though lol
    The link I included should take you to what looks like a coop clearing at $5.00 a bird. Sure miss the days of the Pigoen King scam.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    The link I included should take you to what looks like a coop clearing at $5.00 a bird. Sure miss the days of the Pigoen King scam.
    Thanks for sending that link, it was thoughtful. The issue is I am nowhere near Brampton. With the price of gas, may as well pay pheasant price for racing pigeons