Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: In search of live pigeons

  1. #1
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default In search of live pigeons

    Hello,

    My usual sources for live pigeons have passed away. It has been a little harder than anticipated for me to round up a couple. Does anyone know someone who has live pigeons for bird dogs? I'm just looking for a couple. We have our regular bird suppliers for frozen birds for hunt tests, but I wasn't looking to go that route if I didn't have to.

    Thanks in advance for the info.
    HR UH Wyckoff's RedRooted Mud Puppy JH WCX RN - Reba
    HR Markwell's Ups A Daisy JH WCI RN - Jada
    HR UH Tullamore's Gunsablazing CGN CDX SH WCX - Burly (2003-2017)

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Its amazing how them flying rats turned into prized fancy birds. Other than kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1616994514
    , might want to contact local pest control companies
    Last edited by finsfurfeathers; May 15th, 2022 at 04:20 PM.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  4. #3
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Younge+Eglinton with a big net, or.... I imagine you'd have to fib if you buy "Pets" from kijiji. Is trapping your own an option? I see a lot of them roosting under bridge abutments near agriculture.

  5. #4
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Its amazing how them flying rats turned into prized fancy birds. Other than kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1616994514
    , might want to contact local pest control companies
    I've tried those options. Pest control companies, I'd need to keep calling until they were going on a call because they release them immediately. And kijiji, I don't want someone's pedigreed racing bird. I respect the breeding program they try to put together. I'd take one of their duds, though lol
    HR UH Wyckoff's RedRooted Mud Puppy JH WCX RN - Reba
    HR Markwell's Ups A Daisy JH WCI RN - Jada
    HR UH Tullamore's Gunsablazing CGN CDX SH WCX - Burly (2003-2017)

  6. #5
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurlyGirl View Post
    , I don't want someone's pedigreed racing bird. I respect the breeding program they try to put together. I'd take one of their duds, though lol
    The link I included should take you to what looks like a coop clearing at $5.00 a bird. Sure miss the days of the Pigoen King scam.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  7. #6
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    The link I included should take you to what looks like a coop clearing at $5.00 a bird. Sure miss the days of the Pigoen King scam.
    Thanks for sending that link, it was thoughtful. The issue is I am nowhere near Brampton. With the price of gas, may as well pay pheasant price for racing pigeons
    HR UH Wyckoff's RedRooted Mud Puppy JH WCX RN - Reba
    HR Markwell's Ups A Daisy JH WCI RN - Jada
    HR UH Tullamore's Gunsablazing CGN CDX SH WCX - Burly (2003-2017)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •