Thread: Bay of Quinte Help

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Bay of Quinte Help

Hi,

Been a while...... Took my nephew out to Bay of Quinte on Wednesday with hopes of a walleye dinner afterwards. We launched from Deseronto and fished both sides of the #49 bridge. Bottom bouncers/warm harness only produced small annoying perch, switched to trolling rapalas and caught bigger perch and one pike but no walleye. Fished 12'-20' of water but couldn't find them. Can someone help out and point me in the right direction LOL? Upstream, downstream, another launch point...?? Not looking for your honey hole but want to give it one more try if possible. PM me if you wish.

Thanks in advance,
    RB

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Eat the perch, they are just as good if not better tasting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

You were in good areas, try even shallower, like 8 foot as well as deeper. If marking fish with no hits, troll in the opposite direction. There have been times we only nailed them trolling west and no hits on the same track going east. Erie dearies work as well as husky jerks, but worms do seem to draw in the perch. When the walleye are off the bite they are off. East winds are also notorious for shutting the bite down.
    John

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Check out the quinte board lots of good info there to point you in the right direction. I will say where you were is usually a go to spot.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Okay thanks, maybe try for an afternoon/evening outing next.......

RB

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

look for the deepest available weed, pay attention to the direction of the current and fish on the leading edge of the current. make multiple casts to those key areas with crankbaits that dive deep enough to hit the top edge of the weeds. it seems very daunting at first but as soon as you catch a couple you'll 100% understand what I'm talking about. This pattern works every year on Quinte and produces all sizes of walleye