Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RPAL - how long to get one after the course

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Question RPAL - how long to get one after the course

Just saw an RPAL course being offered (CANADIAN RESTRICTED FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE (CRFSC)).... got wondering, how long it has been taking the people finishing the course to get their RPAL.

So given what the CCFR pointed out, 30 days from introduction, 20 until the house rises for the summer and 10 days after they sit again in the fall. (Assuming they don't extend this session). Let's be optimistic and say October 1st.

Do those taking the course now, or booked in this month have enough time to get their RPAL and buy something, there should be some bargains.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    Just saw an RPAL course being offered (CANADIAN RESTRICTED FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE (CRFSC)).... got wondering, how long it has been taking the people finishing the course to get their RPAL.

So given what the CCFR pointed out, 30 days from introduction, 20 until the house rises for the summer and 10 days after they sit again in the fall. (Assuming they don't extend this session). Let's be optimistic and say October 1st.

Do those taking the course now, or booked in this month have enough time to get their RPAL and buy something, there should be some bargains.
    Given the current circumstances,it would seem logical that "R" class renewals/purchases/transfers will still be completed until the last shoe drops,but,new applications won't be.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Given the current circumstances,it would seem logical that "R" class renewals/purchases/transfers will still be completed until the last shoe drops,but,new applications won't be.
    That's what I am wondering though, will it be business as usual and the guy that takes the courses now even have a chance to get it or is it a waste of money or just a gamble. If it takes 2 weeks after submitting and it is business as usual they may have a good shopping spree in August, if it takes 4 months normally maybe etc. They were waiting for a tragedy to drop this obviously and depending on their whim parliament might get extended otherwise there is the summer for the opposition to fight back in the fall... we know they don't like facts.

So this might be the last chance in Canada to get one and some might be looking to take the course and try a last minute hail Mary run at the RPAL and gunstore or to transfer to kids etc.

I saw on the CanadianGunNutz the transfer lines is way beyond capacity and dropping calls and store sales through the roof and clearance sales in some shops.

Back to the question, once someone has taken the course and applied what is the usual response time to have the license in hand?

If they want to transfer some to family or buy something they always wanted do they have a chance is what I am wondering.
    Last edited by mosquito; June 2nd, 2022 at 08:54 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    That's what I am wondering though, will it be business as usual and the guy that takes the courses now even have a chance to get it or is it a waste of money or just a gamble. If it takes 2 weeks after submitting and it is business as usual they may have a good shopping spree in August, if it takes 4 months normally maybe etc. They were waiting for a tragedy to drop this obviously and depending on their whim parliament might get extended otherwise there is the summer for the opposition to fight back in the fall... we know they don't like facts.

So this might be the last chance in Canada to get one and some might be looking to take the course and try a last minute hail Mary run at the RPAL and gunstore or to transfer to kids etc.

I saw on the CanadianGunNutz the transfer lines is way beyond capacity and dropping calls and store sales through the roof and clearance sales in some shops.

Back to the question, once someone has taken the course and applied what is the usual response time to have the license in hand?

If they want to transfer some to family or buy something they always wanted do they have a chance is what I am wondering.
    There are guys waiting for months just for a simple renewal. Getting a new restricted licence will likely take much longer……that’s one way the village idiot’s RCMP can help eliminate a handgun from a licenced firearms owner…..
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Cant see how you could get it done in time. Im a long time hunter and decided to take the restricted course. Course was mid Nov/21. Instructor said the paperwork would take 3-4 weeks, ended up being 10 plus, RCMP had my application Feb 1, charged credit card 7 weeks ago and still nothing.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Cant see how you could get it done in time. Im a long time hunter and decided to take the restricted course. Course was mid Nov/21. Instructor said the paperwork would take 3-4 weeks, ended up being 10 plus, RCMP had my application Feb 1, charged credit card 7 weeks ago and still nothing.
    X2- 3 of my friends/coworkers and guys i know did their 2 courses end of November.
    They all applied after receiving paperwork(promise was 3-4 weeks/actual was 6-7 weeks)
    Submitted papers promptly after receiving it-so far nothing.
    That is 6 months.

3 other guys did the same, on the same occasion-only the Non Restricted.
    Same for them...........

Just as a side note- they are part of "my legacy " of 8 starters ,getting on shooting sport and/or hunting as well.
    Last edited by gbk; June 2nd, 2022 at 10:43 AM.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    That doesn’t sound good, I mailed mine in late March…no charge on my card yet….guess I am likely out of luck
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    X2- 3 of my friends/coworkers and guys i know did their 2 courses end of November.
    They all applied after receiving paperwork(promise was 3-4 weeks/actual was 6-7 weeks)
    Submitted papers promptly after receiving it-so far nothing.
    That is 6 months.

3 other guys did the same, on the same occasion-only the Non Restricted.
    Same for them...........

Just as a side note- they are part of "my legacy " of 8 starters ,getting on shooting sport and/or hunting as well.
    My friend took the rpal course with 2 of his friends. My friend got his paperwork sent out in November a week or 2 before his friends sent out theirs and he still hasn’t received it, but one of the guys that sent it out after him got his rpal maybe a month ago. So 2 guys still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes1 View Post
    My friend took the rpal course with 2 of his friends. My friend got his paperwork sent out in November a week or 2 before his friends sent out theirs and he still hasn’t received it, but one of the guys that sent it out after him got his rpal maybe a month ago. So 2 guys still waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I’m hearing, the guys and girls are now swamped with transfer requests for newly purchased handguns. That will no doubt slow the process even more…
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    From what I’m hearing, the guys and girls are now swamped with transfer requests for newly purchased handguns. That will no doubt slow the process even more…
    I've been told that at any given time,half the staff at Mirimichi and Ontario's CFO is off work with Covid protocols after testing "positive" either personally or with a close asscoiate or family member. That is likely exacerbating the backlog.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast