Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gun post

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible_E View Post
    Be careful on there. I would avoid placing wanted ads because that seems to attract the most scammers. Always ask for a "proof of life" photo so you know the person actually has the item. If someone is unwilling to give you a proof of life photo do not deal with them. The rating system works fairly well and if someone has nothing but 5 star reviews then they are probably safe to deal with. As long as you are internet savvy and scam artist aware it's a great place to buy and sell guns. I've had zero issues but I am also very careful, a buddy of mine who got excited and wasn't careful got scammed out of 1500$. It's rare but it does happen.
    This is really the best advice - always ask for plenty of photos. Me personally, I would always be hesitant on dealing with someone with no reviews (no prior sales) and would always favour buying from someone with many reviews - you can find some sellers that have already had hundreds of transactions and plenty of 5 star reviews.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeguy View Post
    This is really the best advice - always ask for plenty of photos. Me personally, I would always be hesitant on dealing with someone with no reviews (no prior sales) and would always favour buying from someone with many reviews - you can find some sellers that have already had hundreds of transactions and plenty of 5 star reviews.
    If You do not mind to share how the proof of life photo works for a gun? Curious and want to learn something........Thanx

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

My standard ask for "proof of life" photos is the classic newspaper article. I just ask for a photo of the item I am purchasing with an article with today's date in the photo. Doesn't matter if it's an actual physical paper or a website version on the screen. Either way you can check that the article actually exists.

Other options are to ask for specific photos with the person holding up a certain number of fingers or certain item arranged a certain way.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I talked to my seller he had legit business in SASK. welding...you have to be careful I agree
    It isn,t how you do it,its how you did it

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I talked to my seller he had legit business in SASK. welding...you have to be careful I agree
    It isn,t how you do it,its how you did it

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible_E View Post
    My standard ask for "proof of life" photos is the classic newspaper article. I just ask for a photo of the item I am purchasing with an article with today's date in the photo. Doesn't matter if it's an actual physical paper or a website version on the screen. Either way you can check that the article actually exists.

Other options are to ask for specific photos with the person holding up a certain number of fingers or certain item arranged a certain way.
    Thank You for the explanation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12