Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to wash skunk off skin

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Oops! Sorry lads! 70% peroxide would rot the bag off a dead man! I'm thinking 70% for isopropyl alcohol. I meant 3% h. peroxide - the standard you get in the brown bottle at the drug store. Hah hah! I apologise if anyone took my advise and has now burnt their anus, ball-sac, or labia!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Reminds me of a conversation I once had with an old Irish farmer when he advised me how to deal with poison ivy oil when you know you've come in contact with the plant. He'd do this when he knew he'd vaporized some ivy plants when bush-hogging. His advice was " take an old shop grease rag and soak her down good with a dose of that there diesel gas. Now drop your clothes and rub that diesel rag good and hard over your body. Don't forget your scalp, your nut bag, and your "lash". Now get to the house and pour yourself a 4 inch deep bath of hot water. Now grab the jug of Javex. Do a "three one hundred" with that Javex (he'd go through the actions of showing you how to tip the jug like you're pouring corn whiskey, with your thumb canted up in the air, as you count " one, one hunred, two one hunred, three one hunred"). No less, and no more unless you want to take a GD layer of skin off your balls and your arsehole!!" Now sit down in that there brew and use a cup to soak yourself down. Get out of the tub after and don't rinse off. That there i gaurentee will get rid of that damn ivy dose!! I roared so hard I actually had to check to see if I pissed myself! What a character!

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Sorry, but I can't resist. Another story I got from this same farmer. I laughed so hard when he told me this one I started gagging and coughing. Thought I was going to pass out I was laughing so hard and I thought I had damaged a lung. Here's the story line: It would have happened back in the late 1940's when he was a young lad and it involved his two cousins who were 15 and 17, both beef farmer boys, raised by a strict father, and the fact that they lived in Dummer Township by Peterborough makes it even funnier. Turns out the two brothers had partaken of a"a go" with a not-so-clean local girl who was well known for frolicking in the hay mow. The two lads soon developed healthy doses of crab lice and were digging and raking at themselves until they were almost raw and bleeding. They even tried their mother's strong lye carbolic laundry soap and they couldn't kill the critters. They were terrified that they'd have to go to the doctors to get looked at, and their mother and father would kill them. They went and saw their grandpa as a last resort. The boys told him outright what was going on and they asked him if he could drive them into the doctor's in Norwood to get some meds. Grandpa told them to come to his farm and he'd look after it. When they arrived, grandpa took the boys out to the bank barn and took them up to the top ramp doors by the thresh floor. He told them to take their pants and gitch off, then lay down on their backs on the wood thresh floor. Grandpa then produced a cylindrical can of "white wonder dust" that came in a cardboard tube with a perforated metal salt shaker lid. It was cattle de-louser, a mix of permethrin insecticide and sublime sulfur with quicklime dust. He told them to cover their eyes and when the boys put their hands up on their heads to cover their eyes, grandpa said "oh no boys, I'm not talking them eyes". He meant the eyes of their "stemmers" as the caustic lime dust would have burnt the urethras right out of their peckers! He then shook about a quarter of the can over the groins of the two boys and he told them to make sure it got ground into their cracks and the undersides of "their parts". They lay there covered in white dust, then grandpa told them to put their gitch in the burn barrel, go home, and never breathe a word of this to their mom. Apparently the boys were literally crying when their body sweat started to make the lime dust burn. Turns out the wonder dust almost burnt its way to China and took off a layer of skin, but it killed the crotch crickets. Took the lads better than four months to recover their sac skin but Momma never found out!
    Last edited by Fenelon; July 24th, 2022 at 07:26 PM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

when it comes to a dog getting skunked.....you don't wash the dog with mix.....you soak the dog for at least 20-30 minutes then rise if off. For the chemical reaction to work it must stay on as described.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Skunk Off works great.

When I was young me and my Malamute got skunk sprayed good.
    When I got back to the cottage my Dad ordered me out and said to get downwind from the door! He threw out a couple cans of tomatoes juice and a bottle of vanilla extract with soap and shampoo. My three sisters and brother were laughing there head off in the windows. We were surrounded by family and friends cottages and everyone were staying away from me laughing there head off. I walked to the beach to wash off and emptied the beach of swimmers everyone stood back laughing at me. I washed me and my dog six or seven times. We still stunk pretty bad. By now the crowd was huge. I walked back to the cottage with fans a ways back. When I got at the cottage there was a plate of food, bowl of dog food and a glass of water on a chair. The door was locked. Once done my parents threw a tent and sleeping bag outside. I stayed in the tent for 3 or 4 days washing every day. My fans and friends and family came checking on me laughing. What a funny time. I swear I could smell skunk on me for months. lol
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12