Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dock fishing 101

Administrator

User Info Menu

Default Dock fishing 101

https://oodmag.com/dock-fishing-101/

Docks are a wonderful place to fish, whether you are a seasoned angler or brand new to the pursuit, providing many cherished memories.
    Last edited by MeghanOOD; July 25th, 2022 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Formatting
    What can I but enumerate old themes,
    First that sea-rider Oisin led by the nose
    Through three enchanted islands, allegorical dreams,
    Vain gaiety, vain battle, vain repose,
    Themes of the embittered heart, or so it seems.
    -- "The Circus Animals’ Desertion" by William Butler Yeats

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Gord pretty well covered it all. Dock fishing has produced some nice trophies over the years for the kids and adults alike.
    Best example I've seen is the time I was a chaparone on a grade 8 camping trip. (Bad example, I know��) one of the kids caught a nice 8lb pickeral off a dock. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face for a week!
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Great memories on the Government dock with family and friends catching perch and pike.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I have many great memories of dock fishing as a child. Now I’m making new memories with my kids fishing on docks. They’re hooked, pun intended.

BD2DD5E4-F92A-49A4-8752-88319D18F580.jpg

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Dock fishing can be GREAT fishing

The wife always seems to do well off the dock with a worm and a bobber….sometimes it makes me wonder why we bought the boat and all the expensive tackle !
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Get a boat and go fishing for real.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sk686 View Post
    Get a boat and go fishing for real.
    Wow, really?
    When I was 8 years old I couldn’t afford one!
    It wasn’t until I was 12 or 13 that I could start the old Viking on the wood boat.
    My Dad wouldn’t let me use it alone until I could start it by myself.
    So until my Dad got back from work or was off for the weekends I would fish off docks and rocks.
    What did you do when you were young? Sorry, maybe you still are young and missing out on some great times.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Wow, really?
    When I was 8 years old I couldn’t afford one!
    It wasn’t until I was 12 or 13 that I could start the old Viking on the wood boat.
    My Dad wouldn’t let me use it alone until I could start it by myself.
    So until my Dad got back from work or was off for the weekends I would fish off docks and rocks.
    What did you do when you were young? Sorry, maybe you still are young and missing out on some great times.
    Judging from the various posts of this user, and the quality of said posts, maybe they’re trying hard to get into the off topic section or the for sale section. I could be wrong.

Fishing is fishing. From small creek sides and river edges, to docks to various pleasure crafts. It’s about having fun.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbuff View Post
    Judging from the various posts of this user, and the quality of said posts, maybe they’re trying hard to get into the off topic section or the for sale section. I could be wrong.

Fishing is fishing. From small creek sides and river edges, to docks to various pleasure crafts. It’s about having fun.
    Yes, they deleted a bunch of his post yesterday, I asked him what he had for sale. lol
    I shouldn’t of bothered but those days fishing on the rocks and docks were fun times for us.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbuff View Post
    Nope, you're not wrong. There was an ad up in the "For Sale" section as soon as he hit the magic 50 posts. The mods deleted his nonsense, but he's back at it again?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast