Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Buy Back Price List

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So far in my predictions I am batting 100. I guess it is possible I could be wrong but unlikely. In less then 20 years all firearms will be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Your hypothesis is not sufficiently convincing that I would jeopardize my liberty, finances, PAL, firearms, employment, ability to volunteer in the community, freedom to travel internationally, etc. No firearm is that precious.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    Well as a Aaron Tippin sang it " You gotta stand for something or you will fall for anything " . By all means if you have a family heirloom that was legally bought and taxes paid on it and think you should turn it in because some failed drama teacher teacher says so by all means go for it.
    Turn it in and get more than was paid for it, buy another gun, avoid the consequences of being caught with it? Count on it.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    So far in my predictions I am batting 100. I guess it is possible I could be wrong but unlikely. In less then 20 years all firearms will be banned.
    I'm not as pessimistic when I look at the UK, Australia and other countries where "assault rifles" have been banned. It's been more than 20 years since the bans and millions of firearms remain in public hands in both countries.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Turn it in and get more than was paid for it, buy another gun, avoid the consequences of being caught with it? Count on it.
    By all means knock yourself out.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I am curious do you actually think a firearm with a military looking stock is more powerful?

I'm not as pessimistic when I look at the UK, Australia and other countries where "assault rifles" have been banned. It's been more than 20 years since the bans and millions of firearms remain in public hands in both countries.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I may be way off base here, but assault weapons, grenades, flame throwers, rocket launchers etc. were already banned in the mid 70s in this country. What is being added to the ban is any gun that "looks" like a scary assault gun made to kill people by the hundreds and thousands. It doesn't even have to be operable as a firearm, it just has to be scary or offend someone. And watch out if your .22 holds 10 high powered rim fire projectiles, those puppies will blow through over 2 inches of corragated cardboard.
    As the old song goes.......... Its only just begun............
    John

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default gun buyback prices

the Government of Canada has outlined its new mandatory buyback program for Canadian firearm owners and is looking for feedback on the pricing scale of the new gun law.

Per a recent release by Public Safety Canada, the feds have banned more than 1,500 types of assault-style guns since 2020 and are launching the buyback program to get "assault-style firearms" out of Canadian communities.
    The way the buyback program would work is simple. In exchange for the banned firearms, the feds will pay owners a market price, so that the weapon is permanently removed from Canadian households.
    ]According to the government, owners of the banned firearms must either participate in the buyback program, have their gun "rendered inoperable" at the government's expense or have it "otherwise lawfully disposed."
    And while none of the proposed prices are finalized, gun owners could get up to $6,209 in return for giving up their firearms.
    Along with a pay scale and explanation of how the program works, the feds are asking Canadians to fill out a survey to determine if they think the prices for the banned weapons are fair and accurately reflect market rates.
    The lowest price Ottawa is proposing for a buyback is $1,139 for any Vz58 rifles.
    ]The second lowest proposed buy-back price is $1,337 for AR platform guns, which include the AR-15, M16 and AR-10.
    From there, prices go up, with M14 rifles going for $2,612 and Robinson Armament firearms for $2,735.

Guns that have a bore diameter — diameter of the gun's barrel — of more than 20mm could be bought for $2,684 and those with a muzzle energy of more than 10,000 Joules could be bought for $2,819.
    The highest proposed buyback price — $6,209 — is for both the SG-550 rifle and SG-551 carbine.
    The figures also apply to any modifications or variants of the specific firearms.
    The rates were chosen by analyzing manufacturer and retailer prices, foreign retailer prices, pricing guidebooks and auction listings, with the manufacturer and Canadian retail prices getting priority.
    This update on the buyback program comes after legislation was proposed earlier this year by the Liberal government that would put a freeze on handgun purchases, as well as a limit on how many bullets a "long gun" can carry.
    The feds have also considered a law prohibiting anyone with a criminal history of domestic violence or criminal harassment — stalking — from buying a firearm in Canada.

i would say something but i am not allowed to swear on the site

Last edited by deerslayer; July 31st, 2022 at 04:30 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer View Post
    the Government of Canada has outlined its new mandatory buyback program for Canadian firearm owners and is looking for feedback on the pricing scale of the new gun law.

Per a recent release by Public Safety Canada, the feds have banned more than 1,500 types of assault-style guns since 2020 and are launching the buyback program to get "assault-style firearms" out of Canadian communities.
    The way the buyback program would work is simple. In exchange for the banned firearms, the feds will pay owners a market price, so that the weapon is permanently removed from Canadian households.
    ]According to the government, owners of the banned firearms must either participate in the buyback program, have their gun "rendered inoperable" at the government's expense or have it "otherwise lawfully disposed."
    And while none of the proposed prices are finalized, gun owners could get up to $6,209 in return for giving up their firearms.
    Along with a pay scale and explanation of how the program works, the feds are asking Canadians to fill out a survey to determine if they think the prices for the banned weapons are fair and accurately reflect market rates.
    The lowest price Ottawa is proposing for a buyback is $1,139 for any Vz58 rifles.
    ]The second lowest proposed buy-back price is $1,337 for AR platform guns, which include the AR-15, M16 and AR-10.
    From there, prices go up, with M14 rifles going for $2,612 and Robinson Armament firearms for $2,735.

Guns that have a bore diameter — diameter of the gun's barrel — of more than 20mm could be bought for $2,684 and those with a muzzle energy of more than 10,000 Joules could be bought for $2,819.
    The highest proposed buyback price — $6,209 — is for both the SG-550 rifle and SG-551 carbine.
    The figures also apply to any modifications or variants of the specific firearms.
    The rates were chosen by analyzing manufacturer and retailer prices, foreign retailer prices, pricing guidebooks and auction listings, with the manufacturer and Canadian retail prices getting priority.
    This update on the buyback program comes after legislation was proposed earlier this year by the Liberal government that would put a freeze on handgun purchases, as well as a limit on how many bullets a "long gun" can carry.
    The feds have also considered a law prohibiting anyone with a criminal history of domestic violence or criminal harassment — stalking — from buying a firearm in Canada.

i would say something but i am not allowed to swear on the site

By no means i have clue about the real market values of them guns-and by no means i endorse these steps-because for sure ,this will not limit any criminal from carrying out any unlawful act with any kind of gun : yet (i do not know prices)it seems reasonably high prices are set ?!

This will maybe help some not to endure financial loss,just morale loss.
    Last edited by gbk; August 2nd, 2022 at 02:55 PM.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    This will maybe help some not to endure financial loss,just morale loss.
    I can see this be a benefit to an executor charged with deposition after the original owner passes on. Fair market value and avoiding the vultures picking through an estate sale.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Definition of "buy back".

"The buying back of goods by the original seller".

Last time I checked the government of Canada isn't in the business of selling guns.

So if some-one is forced to sell items that belong to them isn't it really an all out confiscation of goods?

We need an election like yesterday!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast