Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unsuccessful Antlerless Deer Draw...Next Steps?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the help lads...I'm no slouch, and I feel comfortable in saying that this system is quite confusing. I have put in a lot of time when it comes to understanding these regulations, and as a new hunter it is quite daunting. I'm going to phone the ministry and try to talk to a CO about some stuff. They should streamline this a bit....anyways. Thanks again.
    Last edited by gino; August 28th, 2022 at 08:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Along with all of these great answers and knowledge …. Everyone , especially new hunters should be reading and referring to the most up to date version of the hunting regulations year to year to get familiar with the rules and changes that some have eluded to.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I think CF response is the best suggestion in this whole thread, only not just new hunters.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C.F. View Post
    Along with all of these great answers and knowledge …. Everyone , especially new hunters should be reading and referring to the most up to date version of the hunting regulations year to year to get familiar with the rules and changes that some have eluded to.
    Sometimes, especially for new hunters, the rules require some explanation beyond what can be read in the regs.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Sometimes, especially for new hunters, the rules require some explanation beyond what can be read in the regs.
    Even some guys like me find them a little off at times too
    Always a good idea to ask when unsure
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I agree that the rules can be hard to understand. One has to be careful of some of the answers they get here though.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Sorry if I missed it, but how did you apply for 81"B"?

That was not one of the choices for the antlerless tag draw. For the antlerless draw the only choice is "81" with no "A" or "B" and if successful you would get an antlerless bow tag for all of WMU 81.

The A and B appear only when you are applying for the controlled draw, which comes after the Antlerless draw.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Yeah, I meant to say that I replied to 81...not 81A/B, that's not possible as you alluded to.

Thanks for all the replies, guys, they were quite helpful.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

81b is bow only unless control hunt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123