Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Banned for sure now.

  1. #11
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Luckily for me my house is almost paid for and my youngest is now 17. My costs won't go up but they won't go down either for awhile.
    Also lucky is there is very little I need to buy in life anymore and only need to do renos in my house.

    Didn't put a garden in this year again, but will next year, also planted blueberries and Haskap. My kid's should do OK when I am gone as well with nice inheritances and I told them to give the finger to all Liberals and to never help a Liberal who helped to ban gun ownership.

    You know Hunting will pretty much be wiped out in less then 20 years. Lucky I will be dead by then or close to it. Feel bad for my kid's

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    I know where the money will come from . Justlied will print more, budgets will balance themselves remember he said so. Inflation at a 40yr high what a few extra dollars printed. If he keeps running this country into the ground we will be like 1923 Germany where a trillion marks equaled a US dollar. A wheelbarrow full of marks wouldn't buy a newspaper and while mentioning Germany Justlied is taking a page out of Adolf's book by disarming the public and then he will be totally free to be the dicktatter he dreams of being.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    “In the meantime, Foreign Affairs Minister Melanie Joly said she has the authority to ban any import or export permit in Canada.

    "Working with Marco, we came up with this idea of creating this new system of requiring permits," Joly said. "But meanwhile, we will deny any permits."quote.

    Boy, where do they come up with shint like that.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  4. #13
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    It's hardly an earth-shattering prediction when the Liberal Party has been promising a handgun ban for decades. Except they haven't banned handguns. What they've done is ban ANY MORE handguns. Those of us who have them get to keep them.

    A total gun ban is extremely unlikely if not impossible. Even in countries where handguns and assault rifles have been banned for over 20 years (e.g. the United Kingdom and Australia) there is still widespread private ownership of firearms.

  5. #14
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Well it will only take 50 years and all handguns after the ban will be gone as they cannot be passed on, so effectively a ban.

    After the Gun registry was supposed to be deleted and I said there would be hidden copies every laughed at me and I was right. I also predicted the banning of most semi's and I was right.

    If Trudeau does his limiting of 5 rounds that effectively ruin 95% of shotguns, levers etc will be trash.

    I'm 53 in Oct (so my birth certificate says ), before I am73 many more guns will be gone. I have yet to be wrong considering I am batting 100% it's a good chance I am right.

    If everything is banned except single shot what will be your excuse.

    prior to 1995 guns were legal in Canada now their not under the PAL system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    It's hardly an earth-shattering prediction when the Liberal Party has been promising a handgun ban for decades. Except they haven't banned handguns. What they've done is ban ANY MORE handguns. Those of us who have them get to keep them.

    A total gun ban is extremely unlikely if not impossible. Even in countries where handguns and assault rifles have been banned for over 20 years (e.g. the United Kingdom and Australia) there is still widespread private ownership of firearms.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

  6. #15
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    We’re all to blame. For years the government and media has played into the evilness of guns (while mankind is non culpable). This inanimate object is obviously the problem. So the general public believes in it.

    Where have all these outdoor recreational shooting/hunting societies been for years? Where is our educational platform to reach the general population?

    We are here because we did little to nothing to change the opinion of people. We did not educate them. We do very little to reach out to them. Now we sit here in our private clubs and we stew.

    This of course does not pertain to everyone. Enough members on here have reached out to many non hunters to share with them the experience first hand.

  7. #16
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post

    If Trudeau does his limiting of 5 rounds that effectively ruin 95% of shotguns, levers etc will be trash.
    I don't get the hysteria over gun regulations when confronted with statements like this.
    Shotguns semi and pump alike have been limited to 3 shots (for hunting) as long as I can remember. Yet not one has ever been trashed.
    Is it time for a reevaluation of gun ownership in Canada who knows? Will let the majority decide as that is what a democratic government is about.
    In the mean time yes one can voice their concerns however realistic objections should be considered.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  8. #17
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    I don't get the hysteria over gun regulations when confronted with statements like this.
    Shotguns semi and pump alike have been limited to 3 shots (for hunting) as long as I can remember. Yet not one has ever been trashed.
    Is it time for a reevaluation of gun ownership in Canada who knows? Will let the majority decide as that is what a democratic government is about.
    In the mean time yes one can voice their concerns however realistic objections should be considered.
    Well I could very well wrong but if I'm not mistaken turdeau or his lynch man stated permanently altered so it can't be easily converted back to holding more than 5 rounds. So what is permanent, what will it cost, who will be the competent person to preform such actions to certify that this has been done. I'm sure to make it comply it will cost more to have a model 60 cooey altered than what the gun is worth monentarily. Finally who in their right mind would bastardized a family heirloom which has been passed down though generations to please ..........using a word that breaks the rules here because he hasn't a clue or a place to put one to put it nicely.
    Last edited by Tigboy 304; August 6th, 2022 at 10:43 AM. Reason: .
    OFAH Member since 88.
    Gun control is a partnership between liberals and criminals.
    The best way for liberals to fight disinformation is to stop spending it.

  9. #18
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    I don't get the hysteria over gun regulations when confronted with statements like this.
    Shotguns semi and pump alike have been limited to 3 shots (for hunting) as long as I can remember. Yet not one has ever been trashed.
    Is it time for a reevaluation of gun ownership in Canada who knows? Will let the majority decide as that is what a democratic government is about.
    In the mean time yes one can voice their concerns however realistic objections should be considered.
    I guess we are doomed?
    The majority doesn’t care about guns, hunting and fishing.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  10. #19
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Yup that's part of the problem, most gun owners don't care until it affects them.

    Don't personally own any plastic stock firearms mostly because I don't like the looks of them but in NO way do I want to see them banned because they will come for mine next.

    I own a few restricteds and wanted to give them to my son seems that will not be possible now. You can also be sure Trudeau will use this in the next election claiming Pierre will have people running in the street. But there are only 2 Prime Minister that used special powers in Canada to call out the military and the Police. Just like the Chinese Government or Russian Government would do.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

  11. #20
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    I guess we are doomed?
    The majority doesn’t care about guns, hunting and fishing.
    Only doomed if unable to express why guns are an important item. I beleive you are right with one addition when you say the majority doesn't care I would add either way. So can be swayed with coherient arguments as to why some should stay while others can go to the side, instead kneejerk reactions of because I want it.
    Got to forgive a guy who sees his guns as nothing more than tools to use. Put 'em away at the end of the season and pull them out at the beginning with nary a thought inbetween. Punching paper or busting clays has no appeal to me other than learning the craft but after that nothing.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •