Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo search

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Worst part is I check ammo every time I’m in that store. I could swear those two case been sitting there since last year which were priced under $100.00.
    So many people abusing the Covid gouging.
    I wouldn't be to hard on them. I for one have taken advantage consistently of 20 -50% off sales when supplies were high and demand low. Now that supplies are low and demand high ball is in their court. Hopefully have enough stashed to ride out the drought.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    I wouldn't be to hard on them. I for one have taken advantage consistently of 20 -50% off sales when supplies were high and demand low. Now that supplies are low and demand high ball is in their court. Hopefully have enough stashed to ride out the drought.
    Yes that’s what I do also…. I have a good stash of rimfire, centre fire and muzzleloader ammo.
    I just missed the boat with shot-shells. .410 and 20 gauge.
    Well if I run out, the .17 HMR will come out more.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    I agree. I've often thought the same thing.
    Unfortunately seems like a trend???
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Ammo supply is not normally an issue for me. Any time i purchase a firearm i estimate my lifetime requirement for ammo and than multiply by 1.5. I than acquire that much ammo as soon as i know what the gun likes. If there is not an easy way to do this i don't buy the gun. I consider it part of the upfront gun cost. Currently have about 10,000 rounds on hand in rimfire, centrefire and shot shells. Store them properly and and it's not really lost money as the rounds hold most of their value if i need to re-sell them. In fact some of the ammo is now worth more than what i paid for it.
    Last edited by Species8472; August 11th, 2022 at 05:26 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default 358 Win

Just checking if anyone has come across any 358 Win ammo. Trying to find some in the GTA to Peterborough area.
    Thanks
    Don

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Good luck with your search - that 358 is a tough one!

The ammo shortage seems much worse this year than last year with no end in sight. Seems like there are lots of guns for sale, but no ammo to shoot them with - the retailers must be hurting as who is going to buy a gun to be a paperweight only.

As species said, if you have not got a good stock of the ammo you need, buy a lifetime supply when you find them.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Check g4c sports for ammo. I bought a case of slugs off them 2 years ago for a decent price. Run by an Asian family. I think father and son. Havent been there in a while. Last time I was there they were still in the middle of reno with their new building. Great service none the less.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Looking for Hornady American Whitetail 270 ammo.
    Whitetails Crossing Outdoors
    Badlands Gear Banded Gear MOJO Outdoors
    Wasaga Beach, ON

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Has anyone here ever SHIPPED ammo?
    I have a couple dozen boxes of relatively hard-to-find .250 Savage but I have no idea what it would cost to ship, say, a case of 20 boxes to the provinces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12