Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muddy Two Pack trail camera.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Muddy Two Pack trail camera.

Today CT has a two pack 24mp Muddy Camo cameras with 16gb sd card. So a few little tricks played as usual with getting these. First they are advertised as camo and with 6 batteries (Duracell) included. This is all very evident in the flyer and at 1/2 price not to bad.

When you get them into yours hands you get two brown cameras and the two sd cards but no batteries AND they actually take 8 batteries each.

I always like to have fun with folks who play hard and fast with their descriptions on the flyer and in the menu screen in the store, both being inaccurate.

Fortunately I had looked at the reviews and was pretty much aware of other folks getting home and not getting batteries and not getting a camo model.

So I talked to the manager pointed out the discrepancies and he then gave me 12 dollar store type loose batteries. No Sir I would like what is on the flyer, so he sheepishly gave me 2 eight packs of Duracell batteries.

I will let you know if they work so just a heads up before you buy.....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I was thinking of buying those as well. I don't feel like making the 80 mile round trip into the Soo just to get them, so maybe next week when I have to travel there anyway. Hope they're still in stock?
    Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in the above post, the author does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. All rights reserved.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Go figure. I was going to check them out.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Did your Amazon trail cams fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Today CT has a two pack 24mp Muddy Camo cameras with 16gb sd card. So a few little tricks played as usual with getting these. First they are advertised as camo and with 6 batteries (Duracell) included. This is all very evident in the flyer and at 1/2 price not to bad.

When you get them into yours hands you get two brown cameras and the two sd cards but no batteries AND they actually take 8 batteries each.

I always like to have fun with folks who play hard and fast with their descriptions on the flyer and in the menu screen in the store, both being inaccurate.

Fortunately I had looked at the reviews and was pretty much aware of other folks getting home and not getting batteries and not getting a camo model.

So I talked to the manager pointed out the discrepancies and he then gave me 12 dollar store type loose batteries. No Sir I would like what is on the flyer, so he sheepishly gave me 2 eight packs of Duracell batteries.

I will let you know if they work so just a heads up before you buy.....
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    I was thinking of buying those as well. I don't feel like making the 80 mile round trip into the Soo just to get them, so maybe next week when I have to travel there anyway. Hope they're still in stock?
    Pretty sure this was a one day sale for Thursday only.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Go figure. I was going to check them out.
    For me setting them up took awhile as I am not a very tech guy, I just find that they try to pack way to many features on these things, latitude setting, time zone settings, three modes where you go from photos to videos when you accidentally press a button. I just want a simple take a photo and save me the date and time on it mode.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Did your Amazon trail cams fail?
    No John still going strong, I find they all tend to short out a bit in wetter or humid weather, generally I just pull the batteries and do a reset or let the camera dry out a bit.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Let us know what you think of the muddy's. I had a primos proof cam crap out yesterday with a short in a wire. It would only power up when it was half closed. Fully open and fully closed there was no power. Since it was at a buddy's farm and not where I hunt I'm in no hurry to replace it until I get a deal somewhere.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

For those of you who don't care about the picture quality, east hill outdoors has some super cheap muddy camera packages on sale $49 with a card and batteries, I just bought 3.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    For me setting them up took awhile as I am not a very tech guy, I just find that they try to pack way to many features on these things, latitude setting, time zone settings, three modes where you go from photos to videos when you accidentally press a button. I just want a simple take a photo and save me the date and time on it mode.
    I’m the same, I just want a picture. I get very frustrated when setting up.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast