Thread: Lighted nocks for Excalibur X bow

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Lighted nocks for Excalibur X bow

Newbie hunter-where you started your thread,there is no reply option.

Anyway-for what is worth, I would say(unless having them bolts too many at hand) buy Illuminated pre made bolts, and use those few non illuminated you have (make sure same make and weight)for practice, and as a backup/mercy shot bolts.

For the money You spend and the hassle-it may not be worth doing swaps.

Just my 2 cents.
    ps-i went thru the same debate, but opted for solution as above-now i carry 2 illuminocks and one standard bolt in my quiver.I do not belive ,i would ever need /have a chance for more then 2 shots at any animal.
    Last edited by gbk; September 9th, 2022 at 07:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thank you for heads up and comments.
    I didn't realize that that is a 'sale' thread - deleted now.

My problem is as you mentioned, I have 8 diablo bolts. Got 2 packs back in day, robin-hooded 2x2 of them while target shooting by accident
    So would prefer not to replace the full set.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Being a cheap old guy, I tried to retrofit my bolts with Luminocks against the advice of the store owner. Well.... he was right. I couldn't get any kind of consistency after installing them. I split two bolts! Some luminocks wouldn't shutoff properly. etc.

The new bow I bought came with factory installed luminocks and I can tell you the bolts fly properly and they are consistent. Spend the extra money!