Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remington Core Lokt 30.06 165 grains Jacked soft point.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

not to start a war but there's a reason why they average $10 less a box than other comparable ammunition

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanE View Post
    not to start a war but there's a reason why they average $10 less a box than other comparable ammunition
    Your not starting a war, why would a guy pay $10.00 more for another brand if its comparable. LOL

But all joking aside I have a Remington, I bought Remington ammunition and at 180 grains never had a problem, its just that the 160grains did not get the job done of dropping them on the spot. For the amount of ammunition I go through I could probably pay $5.00 a shell as long a the performance is there and the gun likes the ammunition.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Too much velocity. The lightweight spitzer bullets are really meant for flatter trajectory and still being able to mushroom at distance. They don't hold up well on close shots. Lead is lead. Jacketed, bonded, it doesn't matter. Send it fast enough and it's gonna blow up on impact. You'll get lots of damage and a dead deer, just maybe not the way you want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123