Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Don Valley Bucks

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default Don Valley Bucks

    This is how my European Mounts ended up from the bucks off the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto.



    IMG_9771 (1).jpg

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I must be coming a little late to the scene. What’s the story behind these deer?
    They say the only good wolf is a dead wolf, If thatís the case than Iíve reformed many a wolf.

  4. #3
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Nice, they look great especially cool coming from that location
    Congrats
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  5. #4
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter06 View Post
    I must be coming a little late to the scene. What’s the story behind these deer?
    Road kill two weeks apart, another one hit last week also.

  6. #5
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    awesome to see you use be able to display those bucks like that instead of them going to waste.. were you able to salvage the meat also or did you get there too late for that?

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    awesome to see you use be able to display those bucks like that instead of them going to waste.. were you able to salvage the meat also or did you get there too late for that?
    I am afraid the meat was pretty damaged.

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    This is how my European Mounts ended up from the bucks off the Don Valley Parkway in Toronto.



    IMG_9771 (1).jpg
    Beautifully done.
    When you're dead,you don't know you're dead. The pain is felt by others. It's the same when you're stupid.

  9. #8
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    oh wow beautifully done !
    I heard the story, did not know you got it ! thanks for posting

    if you dont mind me asking, how does one go about being on the list for road kill ? I see on some of the shows in US, that the Fish and game has a list of ppl to call for road kill, is that same here ?
    CCFR, OFAH Member
    Its all about the Journey

  10. #9
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Beautifully done.
    Thanks. The bottom one from Eglington and the DVP took me about a full day to do from start to finish. A little tip from YouTube was to use a pressure washer
    after the first boil and I got to say it works pretty good. The top one from Dundas and DVP took a little longer maybe another hour or so. So just water and a little bleach and some patience. If I was to do these on a regular basis I would invent a few specialised tools to evacuate the brain cavity and sinus area's which seem the most difficult.

  11. #10
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ata83 View Post
    oh wow beautifully done !
    I heard the story, did not know you got it ! thanks for posting

    if you dont mind me asking, how does one go about being on the list for road kill ? I see on some of the shows in US, that the Fish and game has a list of ppl to call for road kill, is that same here ?
    No my son works for the City and gets called to remove these off the Highway, usually the Toronto Police are on scene.

    When I did the possession permits I was contacted to see if the MNR could test for CWD, unfortunately I work to fast.

    They have a pilot project and really need samples of brain from deer in the GTA area, so if anyone gets hold of one I have the contact number and the lady doing the research is willing to travel to get the sample.

    I was thinking the other day three deer in a few weeks of the DVP, maybe its the rut or maybe they actually have CWD and acting strange.

    In my 32 years working down there and even working the DVP for 6 mths, I never remember a deer getting hit.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •