Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye semi automatic rifles

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Badenoch;1206296]Every time I see a new ban list I'm grateful to Stephen Harper for disbanding the gun registry. It's harder to for governments to confiscate guns when it doesn't know where they are and who owns them.[/QUOTE]

A bit shortsighted if you plan to be afield with any of your guns, on the other hand if you keep them in a safe and never take them out you might be OK.
    Mind you ex wife's and nasty BIL's or neighbours could still screw you up.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Gilroy

you are a fantastic example of a liberal
    asked a basic question and answer something completely different

let's try one more time what's a normal hunting gun

Member for Life

User Info Menu

740, 7400, 752’s are all to be banned.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

They don’t have to be on the “list”. They fit into the general definition of a prohibited weapon…..
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Is this your interpretation Rick, or is this officially from the government?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The definition includes basically a semi that can “accept” a mag of over 5 rounds. It’s a broad interpretation, but basically anything with a mag well, could “accept” an over cap. mag. I watched a vid from Ian Runkle, firearms lawyer, who said the same thing… you can find his vid on the CCFR site…..some firearms don’t fit into the “detachable magazine” part such as the SKS, so they specifically mentioned those firearms….
    Last edited by rick_iles; November 28th, 2022 at 06:18 PM.
    -Winston Churchill

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Just a thought. Instead of the on going banter aimed at each other, why not use the energy to brainstorm ideas on how to educate the general public on firearms. We are our own worst enemy.

My idea is to go right to the heart of gun crime areas (Jane & finch, Scarborough, etc.) and some how setup a kiosk for residents in that area to participate in a hunter education program. We could get hunters ed. teachers to volunteer and go over the same things we all learned. Maybe ofah could get involved and highlight the values of hunting and conservation. Maybe get some farmers out there to explain how much crop damage can occur without population controls. We must have some olympians that could express the sporting aspect of firearms. Get some historians in the mix to highlight the use of firearms for domestic purposes. Have a few statisticians on hand to make clear the likeliness of a ban working to prevent gun crime. Bring in some border agents to do seminars on how illegal guns get into our country.

We can’t win this fight without swaying public opinion. And we can’t sway public opinion from our high horses. Sure we can complain to each other and complain and lobby the government, but public sentiment carry’s weight.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Gilroy,
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect your right to express yours. I’m curious though, are you not concerned about the latest round of prohibition? Do you think that the government will stop their agenda with semi-autos or will they continue until all firearms are banned? At what point do you say enough?
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Bang on birdbuff. Some adds explaining the Canadian firearms program, storage laws, and how every firearm owner is checked for criminal records and mental health.
    They say the only good wolf is a dead wolf, If that’s the case than I’ve reformed many a wolf.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A quote from Allan Rock

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."
    Allan Rock