Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 341

Thread: Bye Bye semi automatic rifles

  1. #211
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I spoke to a friend who saw the inside of a gunsafe at his 83 year old uncle’s house. Two Heym drills, one Rigby, and three Holland and Hollands (drills and side by sides). The H&H’s are still in the original velvet cases with tools, etc. They are all big African calibers like 540 nitro, 416 Rigby. One of the H&h’s ( 1920s man. Date) alone is appraised at $263,000 USD !!!!!! What is this guy able to do legally with these if the proposed changes go through ? This stuff is priceless art.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #212
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    I spoke to a friend who saw the inside of a gunsafe at his 83 year old uncle’s house. Two Heym drills, one Rigby, and three Holland and Hollands (drills and side by sides). The H&H’s are still in the original velvet cases with tools, etc. They are all big African calibers like 540 nitro, 416 Rigby. One of the H&h’s ( 1920s man. Date) alone is appraised at $263,000 USD !!!!!! What is this guy able to do legally with these if the proposed changes go through ? This stuff is priceless art.
    Since i am not impacted with this newest proposal......... do not really know the law if it can still be sold!
    BUT
    If it is still OK to sell-Sell them before they will lose any value or it will be illegal to sell them at all.
    Last edited by gbk; December 6th, 2022 at 12:36 PM.

  4. #213
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Since i am not impacted with this newest proposal......... do not really know the law if it can still be sold!
    BUT
    If it is still OK to sell-Sell them before they will lose any value or it will be illegal to sell them at all.
    Pretty much agree, I know back in the day, the auction houses on Queen Street in Toronto like Waddington's could sell these types of rifles all day long. Most of the big bore buyers were from places like Germany and bid's done online or over the phone. Prices fetched were always high and guns used for safari's I would imagine there would also be South African Buyers.

  5. #214
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Omg I didn’t realize that those Holland and Holland guns are worth that much. Some of them on Christies are over $350,000! His one Heym is probably worth at least $50,000.

  6. #215
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    I spoke to a friend who saw the inside of a gunsafe at his 83 year old uncleís house. Two Heym drills, one Rigby, and three Holland and Hollands (drills and side by sides). The H&Hís are still in the original velvet cases with tools, etc. They are all big African calibers like 540 nitro, 416 Rigby. One of the H&hís ( 1920s man. Date) alone is appraised at $263,000 USD !!!!!! What is this guy able to do legally with these if the proposed changes go through ? This stuff is priceless art.
    And therein lies the problem with the current bill as written. These rifles have only one purpose - hunting big and dangerous game. And you can be sure that is all they would every by used for. Yet, legal today, banned tomorrow. I'm sure this guy isn't the only one with guns of this value.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

  7. #216
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    And therein lies the problem with the current bill as written. These rifles have only one purpose - hunting big and dangerous game. And you can be sure that is all they would every by used for. Yet, legal today, banned tomorrow. I'm sure this guy isn't the only one with guns of this value.
    And that why all this ,what is happening around guns in Canada is totally -unfair, unjust and border line crime.

    Every LEGALLY purchased item has to be treated as-legal property of the owner, to be used legally as the product is intended for.
    If the Government in their might decides to "limit"any previous acceptable "use"of a legally purchased firearm-they would need to pay up, pronto ,and the TOTALLY fair value.
    Not vacillating,putting limits and roadblocks ,then waiting for the value of the legally purchased item to lose much of its value-then cough up some money few years "after" the law is made.
    The legal owner should be able to sell to the same Governement -again ,for fair price(see above)all impacted AMMO for the "confiscated"item,with ALL acessories, which were legally bought to be used"exclusively "for the item.

    Then-maybe then-they would think twice to expand the inventory of banned items.

    Wait-maybe i am dreaming.
    Last edited by gbk; December 6th, 2022 at 08:36 PM.

  8. #217
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Menard View Post
    Montreal Canadiens goalie Carie Price posted on his Instagram account taking a stand against Bill C-21.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CltiUvFuwtE/
    The feathers of the usual group were ruffled. When he posted on Instagram, it was as a private citizen. He wasn't wearing his uniform, or being interviewed during a game. Plus, being an aboriginal definitely stirs the pot. I see that the Montreal hockey club quickly went into damage control, making a donation and issuing an apology for Price's comments. And, since Price isn't playing and winning games for the team, the Montreal media has turned on him too.

    https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/...its-not-pretty
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

  9. #218
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    The feathers of the usual group were ruffled. When he posted on Instagram, it was as a private citizen. He wasn't wearing his uniform, or being interviewed during a game. Plus, being an aboriginal definitely stirs the pot. I see that the Montreal hockey club quickly went into damage control, making a donation and issuing an apology for Price's comments. And, since Price isn't playing and winning games for the team, the Montreal media has turned on him too.

    https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/...its-not-pretty
    When the Montreal Gazette reporter can tell the difference between a shotgun and a rifle maybe we can take the article seriously.

    "It all started over the weekend, when Price posted a picture of himself to Instagram sporting camouflage and cradling a rifle?

  10. #219
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Lol you got me cracking up Gilroy
    They say the only good wolf is a dead wolf, If thatís the case than Iíve reformed many a wolf.

  11. #220
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunter06 View Post
    Lol you got me cracking up Gilroy
    Heck even a Liberal like me can tell the difference, but even at that it was black and scary. LOL

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •