Thread: Wolf hunting must be challenging ...

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Wolf hunting must be challenging ...

Wolf hunting must be challenging ...
    Last edited by alfoldivandor; December 10th, 2022 at 05:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Sitting in a box isn't my idea of hunting, comfy though.
    CCFR Member

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

So you think fair chase Wolf hunting is possible ...?

Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post
    Sitting in a box isn't my idea of hunting, comfy though.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    So you think fair chase Wolf hunting is possible ...?
    Sure,it's possible,but,probable is a whole different story. Coyotes can be lured in with calls. Wolves,on the other hand,are exceedingly intelligent and very wary. It's more than likely a hunter will run across them purely by chance.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I could have shot at 4 about 8 years ago, I was hiding in an evergreen tree watching a field. About 200yds across field was the bush line. A doe walked along the bush line and went into the bush that also went 90deg about 100yds from me. 10min later the wolves were following the deer, but they turned and followed bush towards me. There was a trail that went into the bush at my side. The big one stopped and stared at me while the rest went into the trail He stayed there watching me while the rest disappeared, then he followed. He was a beautiful animal silver, black. Even though I was down wind and hidden in the cedar tree he knew I was there.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    I could have shot at 4 about 8 years ago, I was hiding in an evergreen tree watching a field. About 200yds across field was the bush line. A doe walked along the bush line and went into the bush that also went 90deg about 100yds from me. 10min later the wolves were following the deer, but they turned and followed bush towards me. There was a trail that went into the bush at my side. The big one stopped and stared at me while the rest went into the trail He stayed there watching me while the rest disappeared, then he followed. He was a beautiful animal silver, black. Even though I was down wind and hidden in the cedar tree he knew I was there.
    In 60 years of hunting,I haven't seen a more elegant,regal animal like the Wolf. I can count on one hand the total number I've seen in the wild of the real deal. The last time was 3 years ago Moose hunting while sitting at end of a small lake I like to go to as my happy place on Earth near our overnight out camp. Eating lunch sitting on a deadfall,on the other side of the water about 40 yds away,this long legged,heavy bodied black Wolf calmly walked to the water edge and bent down to take a long drink of water,all the while not taking his eyes off me. After he had all the water he wanted,he sat on his haunches and watched every move I made for at least 10 minutes without moving a muscle. I tried to get my camera out of my pack,but,as soon as I moved,he was gone in a flash. Absolutely amazing is the stealth of a large animal. I spent the rest of the day watching my "6".

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

when i was up in sudbury I'd shoot any yote that would cross paths.
    wolves on the other hand, always got a free pass in my books. ive been lucky enough to see a couple of timbers face to face. majestic beautiful beasts!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

trimmer, I forgot to mention that I was very uncomfortable the rest of the time I was there, had to keep turning around to look behind me.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    trimmer, I forgot to mention that I was very uncomfortable the rest of the time I was there, had to keep turning around to look behind me.
    I was always taught to never turn my back on any animal that can snap a Moose's neck with one bite. If it looks like that's what it's lining up to do to me,I'll shoot it.