Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Squirrel hunting

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Squirrel hunting

Just wondering how many people actively hunt squirrels. I don't mean if one happens by but go out to just squirrel hunt? I have only talked to one other person that hunts squirrel and that was a CO.

I been out 3 times this year and managed 11 in total. I was out yesterday and got my 5. I use a dog as well, so wonder how many people use a dog too?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Seems the new hunters (ones getting into the sport with no mentors) that I run into say they're hunting squirrel. Think its because as a newbie its probably the most available game in town.
    caught your post on the other site, would love to see 'em here too.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

finn, i like your response, not sure if you were going for funny or not, "only game in town" as there are lots of them in town. I can't post pictures and have tried flicker or whatever it call and had no luck with that either. I don't like posting things without pictures

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    finn, i like your response, not sure if you were going for funny or not, "only game in town" as there are lots of them in town. I can't post pictures and have tried flicker or whatever it call and had no luck with that either. I don't like posting things without pictures
    pun not intended but ya thats why live traps were invented. The newbies I've talked to mention squirrel as their target as I get a feeling they really didn't know what else to hunt.
    Suprised flicker isn't working for you what seems the problem as I use it all the time and once you get the hang of it its not to bad
    pics are great and would be a nice addition here.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

trying picture

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

thanks finn, I guess I just needed to go back and try again. The picture is of the 5 I got yesterday

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabmgb View Post
    thanks finn, I guess I just needed to go back and try again. The picture is of the 5 I got yesterday
    ya posting pics on this site is squirrelly ( pun intended) at best and those tiny pictures are sore on the eyes. That's why I like the third party hosting

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

so tried to update my deer picture of controlled hunt, and it not working. Maybe a one time deal to just make me try again,

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I'm an oportunist I hunt whatever is in season and I can eat it. But never seems to be many big squirrels in the woods around here or where I camp.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I've never targeted them. I rarely see them while small game hunting but occasionally see them from the deer/ bear stand.

How do you usually cook them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast