Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Carbon tax - the Genius of our Government

  1. #61
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    After 6 pages of explaining all the benefits of the Carbon tax............there is still no explanation in sight why we :

    HAVE to pay HST on Carbon Tax ???
    The answer is simple:

    Somebody has to pay for those vaccines and CERB !

    [emoji28][emoji28]

    Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #62
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    Please sir tax me some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    The liberals would never understand this.
    Well Premier Ford just brought in a 204 BILLION DOLLAR budget, nothing in it for the middle class ,no help for seniors, nothing for inflation, cost of groceries.

    BUT what he did have is underfunding of Municipal Government, which means your property taxes will be going up as he cuts back and passes the cost onto your backs.

    Its all a shell game folks, there is only one taxpayer and we are getting hammered from everybody, Grocery stores, Gas/Utility companies, Rents.


    BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS FOR RETIREES, ITS WORKING OUT CHEAPER TO TAKE A WORLD CRUISE ALL INCLUDED OVER TORONTO RENT. LOL

    https://www.thestar.com/business/202...tter-plan.html

  4. #63
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    Please sir tax me some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    The liberals would never understand this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    After 6 pages of explaining all the benefits of the Carbon tax............there is still no explanation in sight why we :

    HAVE to pay HST on Carbon Tax ???
    Sure its been explained your getting all the cash back on your quarterly payments, but you have to file a income tax return.

  5. #64
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Sure its been explained your getting all the cash back on your quarterly payments, but you have to file a income tax return.
    absolutely file your taxes Ukraine depends on it

  6. #65
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Well Premier Ford just brought in a 204 BILLION DOLLAR budget, nothing in it for the middle class ,no help for seniors, nothing for inflation, cost of groceries.

    BUT what he did have is underfunding of Municipal Government, which means your property taxes will be going up as he cuts back and passes the cost onto your backs.

    Its all a shell game folks, there is only one taxpayer and we are getting hammered from everybody, Grocery stores, Gas/Utility companies, Rents.


    BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS FOR RETIREES, ITS WORKING OUT CHEAPER TO TAKE A WORLD CRUISE ALL INCLUDED OVER TORONTO RENT. LOL

    https://www.thestar.com/business/202...tter-plan.html
    There is some help for Seniors: not that it is much.

    "For poorer seniors, the Guaranteed Annual Income System payments — $166 a month for individuals and $332 for couples — are being expanded so an additional 100,000 people will qualify in July 2024. Currently, 200,000 receive the benefit, which will also be indexed to inflation. The province is also pledging $1 million over three years for the Seniors Safety Line, a dedicated elder abuse hotline." quote

    and "
    • $8.8 million to support the increased operating costs to home support agencies which provide long-term care and disability support services.
    Last edited by Sharon; March 24th, 2023 at 03:01 PM.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett


  7. #66
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    There is some help for Seniors: not that it is much.

    "For poorer seniors, the Guaranteed Annual Income System payments — $166 a month for individuals and $332 for couples — are being expanded so an additional 100,000 people will qualify in July 2024. Currently, 200,000 receive the benefit, which will also be indexed to inflation. The province is also pledging $1 million over three years for the Seniors Safety Line, a dedicated elder abuse hotline." quote

    and "
    • $8.8 million to support the increased operating costs to home support agencies which provide long-term care and disability support services.
    Out of a 204 BILLION DOLLAR BUDGET to me these amounts are pretty much zero help, most folks don't even qualify for the GIS. I hear most going to infrastructure spending.

  8. #67
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    After 6 pages of explaining all the benefits of the Carbon tax............there is still no explanation in sight why we :

    HAVE to pay HST on Carbon Tax ???
    I don't have an answer, although I do have an opinion - it's a revenue tool. It's always been the case with gasoline and diesel prices and most everything, so I'm assuming they just extended it to home heating, as every penny matters to the government when collecting (not so much when spending). FYI, the 5.7Ę tax reduction by the provincial government will be rescinded at the end of this year, as per the latest budget.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

  9. #68
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    In my opinion we need someone else to represent to conservatives in Ontario, Fords going to win the next election for the liberals
    They say the only good wolf is a dead wolf, If thatís the case than Iíve reformed many a wolf.

  10. #69
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    I don't have an answer, although I do have an opinion - it's a revenue tool. It's always been the case with gasoline and diesel prices and most everything, so I'm assuming they just extended it to home heating, as every penny matters to the government when collecting (not so much when spending). FYI, the 5.7Ę tax reduction by the provincial government will be rescinded at the end of this year, as per the latest budget.
    Since it's inception,the carbon tax has fed $22Billion into the federal coffers. What has the government done with it? Has there been a noticeable decrease in world wide CO2 emissions? Nope! Do we have cleaner water? Nope! Do we have less pollution? Hell no,as a ,matter of fact,it's worse than ever. Have we had a decrease in personal income tax? An increase in health spending? How 'bout an increase in defense spending to meet NATO requirements? Not effin' likely. So,what DO we have to show for it? Nothing,zero,nada,rien except more government waste on useless "programs".
    How come there's a handicap parking space in front of the liquor store?

  11. #70
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Since it's inception,the carbon tax has fed $22Billion into the federal coffers. What has the government done with it? Has there been a noticeable decrease in world wide CO2 emissions? Nope! Do we have cleaner water? Nope! Do we have less pollution? Hell no,as a ,matter of fact,it's worse than ever. Have we had a decrease in personal income tax? An increase in health spending? How 'bout an increase in defense spending to meet NATO requirements? Not effin' likely. So,what DO we have to show for it? Nothing,zero,nada,rien except more government waste on useless "programs".
    He said he was planting 2 billion tree's so I am putting forward you as volunteer to count them to ensure we got out money's worth.LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •