Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: OOD 2023 BIG GOBBLER FUN CONTEST LEADERBOARD - official thread to post your scores and pics

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

What are friends for?! He even came back to the house and had a beer, great afternoon!
    It was 30C with clouds of mosquitos. My neighbour is baling hay this afternoon. I have never been so hot or swarmed while hunting. We slathered on the OFF, and once we sat down and got the Thermcell going it was OK, but going in and out, and moving around calling sure wasn't enjoyable.

I'll wait until tomorrow to make it official, but here are the unofficial results:

Top 10:
    1 crayfish 60.5
    2 Markster 47.5
    3 genec 43
    4 finsfurfeathers 40.5
    5 Turkey Wes 39
    6 fratri 39
    7 Articcat 38
    8 Lenny 37.5
    9 Deer Hunter 35.25
    10 Turkey John 35

Two Bird Totals:
    1 Lenny 74.5
    2 CD94 69.875
    3 Articcat 65
    4 finsfurfeathers 48

Some interesting stats:

2019 - 42 Contestants, 16 entered at least 1 bird, 5 entered 2 birds
    2020 - 45 Contestants, 20 entered at least 1 bird, 7 entered 2 birds
    2021 - 39 Contestants, 11 entered at least 1 bird, 8 entered 2 birds
    2022 - 24 Contestants, 11 enetered at least 1 bird, 2 entered 2 birds
    2023 - 29 Contestants, 13 entered at least 1 bird, 4 entered 2 birds

crayfish's tom has the longest spurs in the history of this contest, and the second longest beard ever entered in the 5 years I have been doing this - congratulations!

Special mention to TurkeyWes - there is nothing better than shooting a bigger bird than your Dad - way to go!!!!!

Don't forget to report, and check back in tomorrow for the "official" results.
    Last edited by Lenny; May 31st, 2023 at 08:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Thanks again Lenny for running this and congratulations to everyone that harvested a bird. As for my self this is the second year of eating tag soup and I still can’t find a recipe that will make those tags taste good lol
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Congratulations crayfish!
    I think we need to name that bird.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

yes a special thanks to Lenny, it is a fun contest that takes little work on the hunters part, I'm sure a lot more on Lenny's part. thanks again.

Lenny, I find that walking around with the thermacell running and clipped to my binno straps works while travelling, not 100% like sitting but maybe 60% just a thought, plus as soon as you stop there are no bugs, Like me yesterday when I walked with that jake had zero bugs walking and when I stopped and waited for the shot zero bugs.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Congratulations to all and a special thanks to Lenny again for making this a fun contest
    I propose to name Crayfishes' bird "Raptor Tom" considering the length of his spurs

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I was thinking “Big Turk” ��

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

And we are back!

Perhaps we should have another contest to name crayfish's winning bird? I am calling him "The Tominator"

So congrats to crayfish, and everyone else who entered a bird, or got out hunting, or followed along with the contest posts - its all part of the fun.

Two days after the season closes, this guy is putting on a show for hours rights beside my house.......seems to happen every year! Have a great summer everyone.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Lenny; June 6th, 2023 at 07:25 PM.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

That figures. Its like they know the season is over.
    I guess that your target bird for next year Lenny.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks for doing this again Lenny, and congrats to all the hunters that were able to harvest a bird, even better if two.....

Only thing I might add, is that dear old Dad scouts the birds and sets the TurkeyWes on them, I'm more than happy he landed a bigger bird given the miscues we had this year....

Have a great summer everyone, we'll hit the turkey woods in the fall, but nothing beats the spring....

TurkeyJohn

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910