Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things are looking better for fall season bears!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Things are looking better for fall season bears!

Fixed up the barrels and cameras and started baiting this weekend. Got a decent looking one already interested.Screenshot_20230827_184357.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Might be the best eating one.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    Fixed up the barrels and cameras and started baiting this weekend. Got a decent looking one already interested.Screenshot_20230827_184357.jpg
    Good luck! I hope you have a lot of fun hunting this fall.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Just out for a hike yesterday and bumped a sow with one cub - they got within about 20 yards of me before she noticed me. Closer than I'd really like.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I still have my bear tag from the spring, so I'll be giving it a go with my crossbow in October (Muskoka district).

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

They will be nice and fat around here.
    Abundant berry crop this year.
    Seen one today that looked really good.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

There's now 3 different bears I haven't seen before. Definitely the fastest action we've had yet on this property. Nothing huge but all of them good eating size.

Now to get in there without getting busted again like the spring is the main concern. This is a different stand.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Have had one at the house almost a night a week. Usually the dogs start barking and chase him off, but last week he came right up and opened the truck door. The car alarm scared him off before Dad was out the door with the shotgun or he would be at the butcher as we speak. Hopefully he makes a mistake next time.
    They say the only good wolf is a dead wolf, If thatís the case than Iíve reformed many a wolf.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

So after a refill on the barrels by my partner this weekend, all we're seeing on camera are 2 very young bears just inhaling as much as they can every minute of the day while there's no sign of the bigger guy anymore. I had taken the week off to hunt but decided it's not a great plan with the heat and no way to efficiently deal with a downed bear. Hopefully some cooler temps roll around by the weekend.

Screenshot_20230905-195222_SPYPOINT.jpg

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    So after a refill on the barrels by my partner this weekend, all we're seeing on camera are 2 very young bears just inhaling as much as they can every minute of the day while there's no sign of the bigger guy anymore. I had taken the week off to hunt but decided it's not a great plan with the heat and no way to efficiently deal with a downed bear. Hopefully some cooler temps roll around by the weekend.

Screenshot_20230905-195222_SPYPOINT.jpg
    Smart move. 31C gives you virtually no time for recovery and processing. I filled my tag in the spring but as seems to be the norm my BIL and nephew have prevailed on my good graces to get them on some bears next week. I will be holding down the fort splitting wood while they try and fill their tags (i guess i could party hunt but probably won't - got close to 12 cords that need split before the snow flies). Good luck - looking forward to the update.
    Last edited by Species8472; September 5th, 2023 at 10:25 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast