Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2024 gardens

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Just a heads up for those that use the Micracle-gro potting soil. I picked up 4 x 25l bags about 3 weeks ago, threw the receipt away, darn. When I opened the bags, it smelled rotten and then proceeded to pick out sticks, not little twigs and other crap, cardboard and what looked like shingle remnants. complete garbage. Took a look on their reviews and there's a lot of gardeners that are unhappy about this. Called their 1-800 line, expressed my disgust and they said they will reimburse me. Wait and see.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Just a heads up for those that use the Micracle-gro potting soil. I picked up 4 x 25l bags about 3 weeks ago, threw the receipt away, darn. When I opened the bags, it smelled rotten and then proceeded to pick out sticks, not little twigs and other crap, cardboard and what looked like shingle remnants. complete garbage. Took a look on their reviews and there's a lot of gardeners that are unhappy about this. Called their 1-800 line, expressed my disgust and they said they will reimburse me. Wait and see.
    Hope you get a full refund.

I aways stick with the pro mix bails 107 L for 46 bucks. New bails go directly into pots old pots used soils get added to cow pooh and compost mix and into the garden when planting into the ground.

It's a win win and reuses the old potting soils. Mixed my last wheelbarrow yesterday hopefully. Only have some peppers, carrots and onions left to put in the ground.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

They said they were going to refund me, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. I should have checked the reviews first, seems like their quality has taken an extra large poop.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Our gardens are in and covered last night re frost warning. Zuchinni, garlic waist high!, tomatoes, spuds, spinnach, carrots and Jurusalem artichoke.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Frost warning for tonight too, I covered everything up last evening, get up this morning and the roofs are all white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12