Thread: Darn it need a new transducer

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Default Darn it need a new transducer

I have a Helix 8 with down imaging and side imaging, and temperature. There’s a 7-pin connection to the sonar head. I went out fishing on Saturday and accidentally broke one of the pins on the connector. Unfortunately for something as simple as a broken pin they cannot fix it. A new transducer is $375+.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

They make a pile of $ on the transducers.
    I saw a guy pull into the dock and say his fish finder no work. I looked at the back and the transducer cable was wound around the prop. lol.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Sam stop complaining! I had a Helix 9 and the transducer was toast. Radio World wanted $630 for a new transducer. I told Humminbird to PFO and bought a new Garmin instead. Much better unit by a longshot.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Sam go on Marketplace on Facebook. There was close to 100 Helix transducers on there when I was looking a year ago. You might be able to snag a used one much cheaper.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    Sam go on Marketplace on Facebook. There was close to 100 Helix transducers on there when I was looking a year ago. You might be able to snag a used one much cheaper.
    Thanks but I’m not on Facebook. I checked eBay but couldn’t find the right one as there are a few variations e.g. SI DI Mega Temp G4. I ordered a new one and an extension cable… will try to fix the old one by splicing on a new connector. Watched a guy do it on You
    Tube… doesn’t seem that hard.

BTW in what way is Garmin better? Just asking. Thx
    Last edited by Sam Menard; July 15th, 2024 at 05:58 AM.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope