Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starter Pistol Help

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Starter Pistol Help

Looking for information on where I can purchase a starter pistol. Gundogsupply will not ship to Canada, and unable to locate Canadian suppliers. Also any advise on what's junk and what's good would be appreciated. I hear 'Traditional' starter pistols are junk, and 'Alfa' pistols are good (but expensive).
    Gordon

...would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck or 100 duck-sized horses?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Starter pistol

Hi try www.zingerwinger.com I believe he has a few .

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Be carefull with those things,Gordon.They have a bad habit of blowing up in your hand.Been there,done that.I was just lucky.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Goble,s Firearms in London sells them , the ones that use a .209 shot shell primer , they are a little better than the cheapies that use the small .22 cal blanks .

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Funny,Sharon,very-y-y- funny.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

cabelas in winnipeg

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi Gordon
    While this may come very late, the best supplier that I know for good starter pistols is Darryl Curry at Running Count (see his web site). The best starter pistols/dog training pistols are the new ALFA models, built to the standard of real pistols, but legal in Ontario. Darryl has an import licence for these and can get them readily. I am quite sure that he has some already
    ALFA's come in three calibre's: .209 (use with shot shell primers), .22 (use with black powder) and .32 (also black powder). Darryl can readily also supply the ammo for all of the above starter pistols. Although the pistols are not cheap (expect $200+) they are solidly made and carry an excellent warranty. They will last a lifetime if cleaned and maintained as you would with any gun.

I am a track and field starter and use the .209 and .22 for indoor competitions and the .32 outdoors and can vouch for the quality of these starter pistols.
    Mike

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I would suggest contacting Sue at Dakota Creek. The GunX are great pistols. I would suggest the 209s. They are cheaper than the 22s and just about as loud.

http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.c...egory_s/93.htm
    Andrew
    HRCH Oakridgertvr Logan Express
    Purina Pro Plan and Tri Tronics Electronic Dog Training Products

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Try any of the following. I got mine at Gobels in London.

Canadian Gun Dog Supply (www.canadiangundogsupply.com) or Zinger Winger (www.zingerwinger.com) or Dakota Creek (www.dakotacreekretrievers.com), http://www.canadianwaterfowlsupplies.com/http://www.canadianwaterfowlsupplies.com/

Ones that take acorns are just as good as .209s and cheaper.
    Last edited by Sharon; March 2nd, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Be carefull with those things,Gordon.They have a bad habit of blowing up in your hand.Been there,done that.I was just lucky.
    I'd be interested in what happened? I've never had that happen , although I was able to put it together backwards once. Judge said, "Sharon, you are first person I've ever seen do that."
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast