Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite fish coating/batter

Swims with the Fishes

User Info Menu

Default Your favourite fish coating/batter

Whats everyones favourite ? I tried to make a southern breading and had some at white lake it was ok but takes along time and a ton of ingredients. I had the Cronzy mix and it was good. What does everyone like ?
    That rug really tied the room together

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Mostly just flour and egg because I like the taste of the fish more than I do any batter. But the best I ever had was of all things, KFC batter that a hunter brought from the States. You can mix the 3 different packages to your liking. Of course, it didn't hurt that at the time we had it we were tired, wet, thirsty and very hungry.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi
    I sprinkle my fillets with Oldbay seasoning or just seasoning salt then lemon pepper and then coat with Italian bread crumbs.Fry in oil of your choice until golden brown and enjoy.I prefer olive oil first choice and peanut oil second choice.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

flour, garlic powder and pepper.

Fry in bacon fat.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I like Uncle Buck's from Bass Pro.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I do mixture of fish crisp(original) garlic powder, bread crumbs, cracked black pepper and sometimes all add a little fresh dill. Splash some lemon on it and on the plate...... For a straight up pan fry I put a little oil and two table spoons of butter in the pan and squeeze a couple wedges of lemon in. A little salt and pepper on the fillets before they hit the pan and presto...

Travelling Tackle Shop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantcatchacold View Post
    Whats everyones favourite ? I tried to make a southern breading and had some at white lake it was ok but takes along time and a ton of ingredients. I had the Cronzy mix and it was good. What does everyone like ?
    I'd like to get that recipe. I would make a pile of it ahead of time and keep it in the freezer. You home made breading was excellent.

Roe+
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Cronzey's badder

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crayfish View Post
    Cronzey's badder
    X 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I like to dredge my fillets in flour then dip then in egg then coat them panko breadcrumbs seasoned with lemom pepper

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast