Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Your favourite fish coating/batter

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Rocky madsons and butter can't go wrong.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I like to mix an egg into some Carnation evaporated milk and dredge the fillets in this and then roll them in corn flake crumbs. Then fry in hot oil or lard............................Daniel

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I've had some great luck with the brodies pastry flour and 7UP A couple of other things ... I went to a microbrewery last night and they had a dark smokey flavored beer I thought it would be great to try in a batter unfortunately none was available to take home butthere is lots of it at the lcbo. Also I read somewhere and maybe on here not sure but milk in the batter helps the fillets to brown up quicker??

I found this one on the internet and it has some interesting concepts never tried but definitely will.

Regular flour
    4 CUPS
    2 EGGS
    1 TSP BAKING SODA
    2 TBS OF VINEGAR
    1/8 CUP OF OIL
    PINCH OF SALT
    NOT SURE ON THE WATER OR BEER THOUGH TILL IS IT JUST THE RIGHT CONSISTENCY. SO IT RUNS OFF BUT NOT LIKE WALL PAPER PASTE

make sure you dredge the fillets in flour before putting in the batter!!!!!!!

THE REACTION BETWEEN THE VINEGAR AND THE BAKING SODA GIVES YOU A REAL LIGHT BATTER AND THE OIL MAKES IT CRISP UP NICELY. NOT SURE HOW THE OIL WORKS BUT ALWAYS DONE THAT. TRY IT IN YOUR FAVOURITE BATTER RECIPE YOU WILL SEE A DIFFERENCE
    Last edited by Camp Red Maple; August 31st, 2018 at 06:51 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678