Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hunting Muskoka/Bracebridge Crown Land?

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I own a camp 10 km east of Bracebridge. No crown land within at least another 5 or 10km. But lots of trespassers ruining our hunts. And always the same excuse, even after they walk past the no trespassing signs and through gates or under strung wire "I thought it was crown land". 8 cameras on the property and sometimes more hunters then game. We need a whole new forum for pictures of trespassers. Maybe you can star in the new forum.
    IMAG0088.jpgIMAG0032 (2).jpgIMAG0090.jpgIMAG1114.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

This trespassing issue is not going away and will gradually get worse what with the Provincial agreement with the Algonquins and every Tom Dick and Harry buying a ATV and expecting to ride it any where they like.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Crown Atlas is generally accurate but contains a few flaws.
    I own two pieces of land adjacent to one another- and one is shown as crown land on the Crown Atlas.
    A misprint sure results in lots of headaches.........

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

There are piles and piles of huntable crown land on the 118, just buy a good map. you might not see a lot of empty parking spots though, but they are fair game if you get there.
    i lived in eagle lake. on the 118 between vankoughnet and carnarvon there's tons. just need to know how to read a map and signs.
    don't be turned off by any of the talk on here. you're nowhere near bracebridge by then, no cottages just crown.
    someone mentioned the large parking lot for summer canoe'ers and such, yes that's all crown, and there's even a pooper there!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

oh and last time i was there, there was no gas station anymore in carnarvon(closed a few, 3-4 years back now,) lol so be aware that you'll have to go to minden/eagle lake/bracebridge, or gasoline alley.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

What are the trails like for travelling on foot? Clearly marked? I like to hunt grouse and bunnies along good trails..

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flytyermiller View Post
    There are piles and piles of huntable crown land on the 118, just buy a good map. you might not see a lot of empty parking spots though, but they are fair game if you get there.
    i lived in eagle lake. on the 118 between vankoughnet and carnarvon there's tons. just need to know how to read a map and signs.
    don't be turned off by any of the talk on here. you're nowhere near bracebridge by then, no cottages just crown.
    someone mentioned the large parking lot for summer canoe'ers and such, yes that's all crown, and there's even a pooper there!
    On 118, once you get 15 or 20km East of Bracebridge, past Big East Lake, there is a lot of crown land. There is little, maybe none on 117 itself.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234