Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Deer Butcher List HELP!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tracker View Post
    I know there is one in Sprucedale but not he's address. If that is close enough I can try and get infor from deer camp. Also we used a butcher up in Ramore if anyone should needs address. Thats near Matheson..
    If its wild game you're looking for....the guy near Sprucedale (actually Ifracombe) is Terry Smith 705-685-1033

He is an awesome guy and does it from his house

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

anyone have any input for around the sudbury area? first year i'm gettin out for deer with some buddies and wouldn't mind being prepared just incase we make contact with one. thanks in advance folks!!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by browning3812 View Post
    If its wild game you're looking for....the guy near Sprucedale (actually Ifracombe) is Terry Smith 705-685-1033

He is an awesome guy and does it from his house
    Best pepperettes I ever ate.
    Experience is what you gain when you didn't get what you wanted.

Many are called but only a few are chosen.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowlhunting View Post
    Addition to the list above:
    County Meat Market in Stoney Creek (Hwy 8 and Glover Rd. same side as E.D.Smith)
    Rob is the owner ask for him. Deer must be skinned & tag attached. Cost for butcher: case of beer, Rob's choice.
    905-643-1514
    904 Highway 8,
    Stoney Creek, ON
    L8E 5J2
    Forgot about him....
    I use to go there all the time just to buy meat, and would usually end up having a beer while he talked about his car restoration projects

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snortwheez View Post
    Forgot about him....
    I use to go there all the time just to buy meat, and would usually end up having a beer while he talked about his car restoration projects

Whats the name of that guy not far from London. I got in crap for mentioning on here before . I remember at the time I attempted some honesty. My bad. Ya the fireman that lets your meat hang till he has to throw half out, and the half you get is rank as he11I've no doubt that as b4 his buds will come running in, but you know what, letting meat go rank is a frikin sin. Simple as that
    Last edited by standup; November 18th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I have been using Yvan from Country Meats on Dunning Rd in Cumberland he's FANTASTIC !!

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

After leaving my home town, Kitchener-Waterloo 30 years ago, finding a good sausage maker or butcher in our new province was almost impossible (too many batches returned with hair in it, sasuage on the "ripe" side from delayed or poor quality handling, or not getting my own meat back) so I started butchering my own deer, elk and moose and now would not risk the cost or the quality by having some over extended knife-for-hire that I did not know well do the cutting and wrapping. It is a bit of work but with practice and preparation you get your own hand-hewn meat to process. I make great fermented summer sausage each winter and also pressue can the better cuts of elk and moose for a longer shelf life. All that is not processed right away is frozen as boneless meat to save room in the freezer. All my best deer meat goes to sausage now, and the trimmings of all game gets frozen in 4-5lb bags then cooked for the dogs as needed. The scraps go to the bush for the scavengers. 'Well worth the work as you know what you have and you control the quality. Otherwise you need to pray and search and hope to find a good Mennonite butcher who is not overloaded with work in the fall.....a tough thing to do. You may get lucky and find a good butcher/sausage maker but the competition for a good one will be extremely fierce in fall-late fall hunting season. Good luck either way.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattman98 View Post
    Is Mount Forest too far? Frys is on 89 hwy. They're Menonites and they do a pretty good job.
    Where are they located? Do you have a tel #?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

JMar meats mount forest, 519 323 5627 Mennonite butcher. I do my own cut ups . But take boneless venison to have summer sausage and pepperettes made. Think min batch is 25 lb. Freeze meat and call ahead. old243

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456