Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: smoking fish

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brandonweller View Post
    i have a quick question can you smoke fish by just seasoning with just salt garlic cayanne ect and no sweet stuff because my dad and most of my family is diabetic and im hoping to smoke trout next spring because this summer was crazy buzy and didnt do enough fishing
    If you haven't smoke fish before, keep it very simple. If you can't use sweet jut add a little salt and no soya, and if you like it hot add cayenne but at the end of the day you have to understand that there is so much flavor that you can taste. Really hot and really salty won't bring much sweetest.....

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

If any of you want to try and smoke carp ....... send me a PM I'll have plenty to offer in a months time !
    Glen

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I mostly smoke salmon without prep or seasoning and it comes out fine. Best one yet was with Jack Daniels oak barrel chips.
    Oldschool Bowhunter

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Carp are good smoked, I did some last summer. Carp are a bit different to fillet. I cut into chunks , following the bones and left them in. They come out easily, as you eat them. The guys at the hunt camp , thought they were great. Plan on doing more. Look on U tube to see how to fillet. old243

Travelling Tackle Shop

User Info Menu

I use a brown sugar or maple rub and smoke over chips from Jim Beam barrels. My wife is a type 1 diabetic and has never had a problem with it. A mixture of apple and alder works well also.

Roe+
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12