Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boat-In Camping?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

No, its an aluminium boat, I'm just a chicken **** that does not want to scratch it, lol!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

St Lawrence river has a ton of Islands that are boat in camping. Docks there that you put payment in mail box. Parks Canada website has all the info on website

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itgeek81 View Post
    No, its an aluminium boat, I'm just a chicken **** that does not want to scratch it, lol!
    When you leave from Massasauga (Blackstone Harbor) go through the narrows which will lead you to Woods Bay. Go straight across Woods Bay to the straights (there's a big Osprey nest on a marker just before the narrows) towards Iron City and you'll find all kinds of sandy sites in the narrows and also lots of sites once it opens up again on the other side towards Iron City. It's a beautiful area but be cautious because there is a lot of rock that isn't marked and just below the surface.
    Rick

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by last5oh_302 View Post
    When you leave from Massasauga (Blackstone Harbor) go through the narrows which will lead you to Woods Bay. Go straight across Woods Bay to the straights (there's a big Osprey nest on a marker just before the narrows) towards Iron City and you'll find all kinds of sandy sites in the narrows and also lots of sites once it opens up again on the other side towards Iron City. It's a beautiful area but be cautious because there is a lot of rock that isn't marked and just below the surface.
    Thanks, with the names of the bay I was able to find a few sites that look pretty sandy.

Cheers!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Thanks, with the names of the bay I was able to find a few sites that look pretty sandy.

Cheers!
    Hey no problem, and if this is your first time going to the area I highly suggest you bring a GPS. It's very easy to get lost there in the heart of the 30,000 Islands.
    Rick

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Hey Guys,

Im thinking of trying out Massasauga park with my son in 2 - 3 weeks (hes 12). We have never done a boat-in camping before, and I have only ever beached my 19' fish & ski boat on a nice sandy beach. Looking at the pictures on the Massasauga park website of there campsites, it looks pretty rocky. Can anyone who has stayed there provide some advice on the best way to beach your boat there?

Thanks
    Just ask at "Pete's Place" for a site with a sand beach....there is a lot of them.
    Still Crazy After All Those Years :silly:

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Why would it be better to park an aluminium boat on the rocks than a Fiberglass one? Most of my boating has been with wooden boats, both in and outboard but we would never moor any boat against a rock, unless it was a big smooth sucker and a small boat.
    When boating the Trent system or Georgian Bay we just dropped one or two stern anchors and then ran a bow line to shore for the night.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

There is a website that describes every camp site in Massassauga. The guy tells you what the beach is like, the fishing around the site, the tent pad, fire pit, he even tells you what the crapper is like.

I just can't remember the name of the site, but it can probably be googled..hold on a sec, follow this link and you are set:

http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/bcaron/campsite.html

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    There is a website that describes every camp site in Massassauga. The guy tells you what the beach is like, the fishing around the site, the tent pad, fire pit, he even tells you what the crapper is like.

I just can't remember the name of the site, but it can probably be googled..hold on a sec, follow this link and you are set:

http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/bcaron/campsite.html
    Thanks Paddy! Have been looking for exactly this! Great help.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

i bought a couple of pieces of rubber flooring. just throw them down on the rock and pull your boat up on it. Tie your anchor off the back to keep the boat from swaying back and forth. This will minimize the scratching.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123