Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ontora neglected by the OFAH

Leads by example

User Info Menu

How would one go about starting a petition to bring attention to the situation?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

go to a zone meeting and ask ... if they give you the tipical response " dont worry we have it under control " tell them you want it in the minutes of meetings and a letter of response

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbuff View Post
    How would one go about starting a petition to bring attention to the situation?
    By contacting your local OFAH zone director and secretary and ask for a motion to be included in the agenda for the next zone meeting.

then get as many people that you can to show up at the zone meeting and vote in favour of having this changed.

this needs to happen in the majority of the zones, and pretty much needs a zone director with the balls to push it, as they will need to contact directors from other zones to keep the pressure on Greg Farrant to change his stance on the public access issue.

Be prepared for a long drawn out process, since most zones only have 3 meetings per year, and will require a personal investment of gas and time to get to the meetings.

my personal observations have been that the OFAH head office prefers to give the zones direction and are generally not very welcoming to the concept of the zones giving head office it's direction.

Be prepared to find out that while there may seem to be a lot of people not happy with the OFAH stance on this policy, it will be one hell of a struggle to get people to commit to going to the meetings and supporting the change. It's far too easy to just complain on forums and hope for change, and unfortunately that's what will happen.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I have had dealings with the OFAH in the past, It has left a bitter taste in my mouth, this seems to be no different.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    I have had dealings with the OFAH in the past, It has left a bitter taste in my mouth, this seems to be no different.
    We hear you Blackwolf. Would you care to elaborate?
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Wonder if a petition at your local outdoor store would help .... Squeaky wheel gets greased kinda thing....

Moose on the Brain

User Info Menu

Hey I just noticed this WAS moved over to the Hunting Forum. Thanks Caltek. Appreciated.
    Now let's see if anybody adds some new insight, has new questions or new suggestions to get some action to open these lands for everybody's use with equal opportunity.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I am not incredibly well versed in this whole issue, but it is clearly wrong that outfitters have exclusive rights to land which they have not payed for. I will be sending some letters to MPs and OFAH over this. I suggest everyone do the same.
    I (like many here)am from southern ontario. Even though this may not effect me as much as those residing in northern Ontario, we need to show a united front as sportsmen of ontario if we ever want to be taken seriously.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will squander all his earnings, relationships and free time.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Back to the top of the posts.

Fellow hunters get involved please!

Caltek gave me this info;

Can email OFAH directly - ofah@ofah.org and your email will be directed to the appropriate staff member(s).

Let these guys know how you feel about this topic!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    Back to the top of the posts.

Fellow hunters get involved please!

Caltek gave me this info;

Can email OFAH directly - ofah@ofah.org and your email will be directed to the appropriate staff member(s).

Let these guys know how you feel about this topic!
    I sent some e-mails out when this thread started,not only to the OFAH,but also to OMNR (besides the EBR) and my local MPP. So far,I haven't heard back from any of them.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.