Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outboard mechanic

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default Outboard mechanic

My long shaft Mercury 30 is leaking gear oil so I'm looking for a good honest outboard mechanic to diagnose and fix the problem. Hoping to find someone within an hour of Brampton.
    :silly: "[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning[/FONT]." :whacked:

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Honest outboard mechs are hard to find in the city. Whereabouts is the oil leaking from? It's probably just a blown seal, or o ring. You might be able to diagnose/fix it yourself, and lots of the guys on here can give you a helping hand.
    MissionFishing.net

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Morris at Marina Shores in Long Point knows his stuff

Just starting out

User Info Menu

There is a guy in Georgetown that I have heard is good, name is Randy and you can find him on Kijiji.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Are you looking for a Mercury warranty approved service centre or just a mechanic? For a Mercury approved centre Massels in New Hamburg (about your 1 hr limit just WSW of Kitchener) has treated me quite fairly.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I bought a Johnson outboard that was rebuilt by Randy of Georgetown(905)703-5622. He stands behind his work. So far so good.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Are you looking for a Mercury warranty approved service centre or just a mechanic? For a Mercury approved centre Massels in New Hamburg (about your 1 hr limit just WSW of Kitchener) has treated me quite fairly.
    Second on Massels in New Hamburg. They're both honest and knowledgeable. It's not a garage/marina so much as a family business. I've used them since new (going to pick up my boat from there in an hour) and they have really looked after me.

I actually had one of those 'impossible to diagnose' problems with my merc. Everytime I took the boat out, I had a problem. Everytime Massels took it out, no problem. They spent many hours just finding the problem - time I was never charged for. And when they did find the problem, well, it was tricky enough that I'm glad I took it there - I don't think another marina would've found the problem.

I couldn't be happier with them, never hesitate to recommend them. They'll treat you right. It's a bit of a drive, but they know mercs and you're assured of great treatment - no risk, so worth the drive. Bring your wife and you can take her downtown for lunch and a bit of shopping to the quaint restaurants and shops in New Hamburg as well.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

There is a guy on hwy 24 just past Ospringe he is the driveway just east of the teak barn.I just droped off something from work there on Monday.I can't think of his name just now though.
    A lot of people I know are like slinky's.They're not good for much but they are fun to watch when you push them down the stairs.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Randy in georgetown is great, he stands by his work and is extremely knowledgable. Pm me with ur email address and ill send u his number when I get home tonight. Or if ur in the area, he's on trafalger rd just south of Maple, his mailbox is an outboard. Scott.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

I know he's not far enough south for a lot of you guys, but my buddy is a mercury marine master mechanic. He's the owner/operator of twin bridge marine in Waubaushene. All my motors go to him. I've bought new motors from him, and have him check over any used motors before I buy them, and then he's the only one who services my motors. Brian Ramler 705 528 2295. He runs a one man shop. I always like when it's the business owner who is going to be working on my motor, not some kid in the back.
    A bad day hunting is still better than a good day at work!
    40 year member of OFAH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast