Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Irish setter boot experience

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default My Irish setter boot experience

Bought a pair of Irish Setter Rutmaster rubber boots last Nov 2011. Wore them for the 1 week M/L hunt & a few times for bow & they fit great & were warm & waterproof last year.

Put them on yesterday to hang a few stands & stepped in a ditch with ancle deep water. Yep you guessed it the left boot now leaks like crazy.

These are not cheap boots @ around $180.00 I would have liked to get at least 2 seasons out of them.

I called Franks great outdoors in Michigan where I bought them & so far they have been very helpful. They asked me to bring them in or ship them back & they will send them back to Irish Setter for me & ask for a full replacement.

The warranty looks to be a 1 year deal so we will see if they stand behind the product. I have worn Irish Setter for over 20 years & never had any issues like this before.

I will keep you guys up to date on what happens here. I see this as an ooprtunity for them to retain a customer & do the right thing & send me a new pair. But we will see....

BRCBH

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I have the same pair of boots. I bought them last fall. I also have two other pairs of Irish Setters that I've had for years without issue. I hope all works out for you. I'll be keeping a close eye on my Rutmasters. You got me a little worried!
    Last edited by Jigman; September 23rd, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I've been wearing the same pair of Irish Setter boots for 20 yrs. with no issues. I don't know if they are still made in N.A. But I've been happy!!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I've been wearing the same pair of Irish Setter boots for 20 yrs. with no issues. I don't know if they are still made in N.A. But I've been happy!!

Made in China now.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Angry irish setter boots

Good luck with your boots....I bought a pair of knee-high lace-ups a few years ago.....You may have been lucky you bought them in the U.S..I bought mine in Canada and got screwed.....If you're in Canada they won't even take them back....(I spoke to the head of the warrenty dept.)....I wouldn't waste my money again.....I have a set of size 13 minnow buckets if anyone needs them?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I have the Irish Setter Swamp Ghosts and they are amazing! I put them through hell on my Newfoundland Moose hunting 2 years ago and I use them for upland, waterfowl, deer, etc.

You have to remember...boots are not bullet proof, they can get pierced or torn if caught up on something tough enough. Yes sometimes it's the manufactures fault with cheap stitching and material used and sometimes not. If there is warranty on them I'd send them back. The only thing that sucks is you will have to pay shipping unless you can drive them to the warranty office. Is there one in Canada?

Good luck! Hopefully you get your boots repaired or a new pair.

Paul

Member for Life

User Info Menu

love my irish setter lace up leather boots. for rubber boots i use nokian

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

It's all I wear, I picked up a pair of Rutmasters when they 1st came out and also own 2 pair of the King Toe knee high boots. Knock on wood I haven't had a single problem with 2 or them, the other pair of King Toes are brand new not worn. The Rutmasters have been through alot and seem to be holding up great.
    "There's two reason to kill-survival and meat. We need meat."
    Jacob McCandles Big Jake (1971) Marlin 336BL, Marlin 308mx

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Where are they leaking? I have about 6 pairs of Irish Setter boots including the rutmaster insulated and non-insulated. I discovered that my non-insulated rutmasters have also developed a slight leak and they too are only 1 year old. The leak (oddly enough) is also in the left boot and it's at the back near the black ribbed that would be where your achillies tendon is. I wonder if the seam has separated from taking them on and off. They can be a bit of a bugger to get off.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LondonDave View Post
    Where are they leaking? I have about 6 pairs of Irish Setter boots including the rutmaster insulated and non-insulated. I discovered that my non-insulated rutmasters have also developed a slight leak and they too are only 1 year old. The leak (oddly enough) is also in the left boot and it's at the back near the black ribbed that would be where your achillies tendon is. I wonder if the seam has separated from taking them on and off. They can be a bit of a bugger to get off.
    Mine leak in the exact same spot near the ribbed section on the back of the boot. Well it's been almost a month now with no response from Irish Setter. I am a patient man but this is showing me that the customer service level is very low & no where near what it should be.

I am going to start contacting them by all means possible. Figures it's deer season & I am stuck wearing my old crappy boots waiting for these jokers to evaluate if it was me that damaged the boots or if it was the chinese factory that droped the ball. In this case I know it was not me & I am getting screwed!!

If any of you are considering a boot purchase in the near future you have just been educated on this brand!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast