Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Speck Dreaming

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Ended up going to Lake Nipigon. The speck fishing was everything I was told -- a very special place. Specks averaged about 21.5 inches and 4.25 pounds. Largest was 24" and 6 pounds. Headed back this May for 2 weeks. Like to also go back again around September 1 -- they'll be a bit heavier then and in colors.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Greater Sudbury-20130928-00102.jpgI'm a brookie nut also love fishing them check out my videos on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrStang30250
    Last edited by sparky30250; February 7th, 2014 at 09:16 PM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sparky30250 View Post
    Greater Sudbury-20130928-00102.jpgI'm a brookie nut also love fishing them check out my videos on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrStang30250
    Love the kayak setup! What model/lenght/weight is your kayak? Great vids too!
    "You're just bitter because someone is questioning your know it allness." Huggybear

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default So...What 5 Years Brings

Can’t believe this old thread popped up in my search. I did fish Lake Nipigon that year, and every year since. I now have about 600 hours speck fishing experience on the lake. Love the place. Every year is better quality wise. I never did care about quantity. Last year took five specks 8+ pounds in the 8 days I had to fish it. I am still releasing them all. I may keep one when I get to a 10 pounder or better.
    What has proven to work best for me over the years are large (>12 cm) articulated streamer flies trolled or cast on a long spinning rod. I do use an occasional store bought lure just to mix things up, but 80% of specks taken are on the large flies. I haven’t run into anyone else there yet that fishes the way we do for specks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12