Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: license - turkey reporting

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default license - turkey reporting

I find this odd.

A week before turkey season I purchased two tags at crappy tire. So with the purchase I get two licenses and two tags. There is absolutly not marking on either tag/license that shows a differance between both. MEaning there are no tag numbers or license numbers. It looks like dupilicates of each other. WTF.

So I notice the data collected when I phoned my first bird is slightly different as they dont ask for a beard length anymore. They ask the number of days hunted etc. When I phone my second bird in they ask how many days I hunted in the WMU (which was the same as the last reported bird). The old system didnt ask this on the second bird. The call concludes thanks for reporting. The old system says thanks for reporting your second harvest etc.

Am I the only person who thinks this is wierd.
    Things that fly turn me on

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I find it wierd they spend more time and are more comprehensive on the right to privacy legislation and the details of the system than on the reporting.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Jakes can be adult birds now.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The oddest part is there is no way to tie your tag, to your report.

Scenario,

I shoot a bird "loosely" tag, report, get home, cut off said tag, re-use, re-port, now I have two confirmation numbers, and no way to marry one to a tag...

Would it not make sense to have a tag number associated to the report so when you give your confirmation number, someone could check and see yes, the right tag is on that bird and everything matches? just makes it that much easier for would be's to float their tag around.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyRookie View Post

Scenario,

I shoot a bird "loosely" tag, report, get home, cut off said tag, re-use, re-port, now I have two confirmation numbers, and no way to marry one to a tag...

Would it not make sense to have a tag number associated to the report so when you give your confirmation number, someone could check and see yes, the right tag is on that bird and everything matches? just makes it that much easier for would be's to float their tag around.
    Not that easy first as soon as you drop the bird you must notch out month, day, am/pm. After you report you must record the confirmation number on your tag. Those who do not valiadate their tag as directed will poach no matter how easy you make it.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

So the bird is plucked cleaned and in the freezer. Are you supposed to keep the tag?
    Things that fly turn me on

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddy View Post
    So the bird is plucked cleaned and in the freezer. Are you supposed to keep the tag?
    I dont think you have to but I normally leave it with the bird until consumption. I actually have also kept a couple over the years with the pictures of the bird. Good memento of harvest time/date.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyRookie View Post

Scenario,

Its basically an honour system. There are just way too few co's, I havent seen one out in the field or on the water in about 10 years. Seriously. The only uniformed people I have seen in that time were CWD researchers and I spend alot of time afield. Its pretty sad how easy it is to poach.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    I find it wierd they spend more time and are more comprehensive on the right to privacy legislation and the details of the system than on the reporting.
    I'll second that. It seems to be an unnecessarily long spiel. Couldn't they just provide an option to press another button if you are interested in hearing it all?
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

all the co,s must be down here in the windsor area, if not anywhere else. they are on the river all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast