Thread: Fish Finder?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Fish Finder?

Hi there,

What is the best fish finder? I'm looking for something that can show highest resolution at depth.

Thanks

Shouldda

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Depends whether your a humminbird or lowrance fan. or maybe none of the above

Although I have not seen/used one in person, the new Humminbird 600 series look nice, and won't cost you a thousand bucks.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

RamFordGM, there's more opinions on fish finders than there are butt ends. You have to do your own research to be happy.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    RamFordGM, there's more opinions on fish finders than there are butt ends. You have to do your own research to be happy.
    X2
    Go watch some video on youtube you can see how they look and show the bottom, there will probably be some video showing the fishfinder setting features
    Good luck, ive always been a hummingbird fan

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shouldda View Post
    Hi there,

What is the best fish finder? I'm looking for something that can show highest resolution at depth.

Thanks

Shouldda
    pick a price point and start from there. I have an HDS 7 and it works great, but it's over a grand so like I said, set a budget and compare.
    Follow me on Instagram at ONE_TRACC_MIND

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Pixels are the key for detail. For example, a model that has, say,,640 X 480 means 640 pixels horizontal by 480 pixels vertical. A good model for shallower depths but not so good for really deep water. Divide the depth of water into 480 and you will get the number of pixels per foot. The higher the result, the greater the detail.
    The world is 70% water, might as well fish it.