Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819

Thread: NO Cougars in Ontario

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Don Adams View Post
    My burlap gets hiked in about 10-20 km on foot down game trails through scag, lakes, and marsh. Every hunting I know here has about a 10 minute walk from his truck. I think the whole concept of seasonal baiting in and don't consider it hunting. Sitting 20' up in a tree watching a feeder/barrel for a week is not hunting. It's not slag, its the truth there fins. You know why I can repeatedly year after year bring in the big scores? because I put in the big effort and go where no one else is going. I walked past 6 tree stands within 1 km from the road I leave my truck... Laziness. How are you going to get anything good when you are in shouting distance of 5 other people. You know why I was able to see a Mountain Lion? because once again I go where no one else goes, I put in the effort. Now on the other hand. To each their own and I couldn't care less what other people do but it sure is something to laugh at....... Props to the stalkers
    Hiking 10 to 20 km with a rabbit in your pocket. That means 10 to 20 km back with a bear on your back since that's where all the good game is. Oh by the way where is the picture to that bear you where hunting? Good story however credible? Too hard to swallow.

Line from a book I read in school keeps running through my head.
    Gee George tell me about the rabbits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=2JlVqfC8-UI
    Last edited by finsfurfeathers; September 9th, 2015 at 05:40 PM.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It doesn't matter where you hunt budz. Im 29 and have been hunting and trapping since I was maybe 7-8. The ideology of hunting is different between there and Ontario. I know 2 people who sit in stands out west and its on their back fields waiting for elk. In Ontario the norm is to sit there for a week on a baited stand. The norm out west is to quad three days up the side of a mountain and stalk for a week. I understand how you have no comprehension of doing so but in my first hunting trip following my technique and I have come up on some trophy that half of you can only dream upon and this isnt even in Northern Ontario, if 80% of the hunters are hunting in Southern Ontario it makes sense to go deeper where no one else is going... The is a difference between hunting and baiting. All I am saying, putting corn in a feeder once a week for 4 months is not hunting.
    Because thats the only way people hunt in Ontario....

Laugh. Out. Loud.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    but you got to admit, first impressions do say a lot....
    Nail on the head.

DA,

You first post is an edited photo on a thread dead for over 2 years. Add in that you are an admitted outsider and insult an entire group of Ontario hunters. What did you expect? A pat on the back?
    Last edited by Species8472; September 9th, 2015 at 09:47 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Just starting out

User Info Menu

lots of laughs'

I would like to point out that using a live rabbit as bait/decoy by cutting it to make it bleed or injuring it to make it squeal, whether captive or a wild rabbit is a Criminal Offence. I'm not accusing someone on the forum of anything but simply adding this in case there are any hunters reading this that think this would be a great idea. Negative.

I think the hunting trip in question more likely occurred in grandma's basement.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Using a Quad??? Your a wimp glad to see you admit it. My Uncles and grandfathers didn't have a quad nor do I when I was younger.

It doesn't matter where you hunt budz. Im 29 and have been hunting and trapping since I was maybe 7-8. The ideology of hunting is different between there and Ontario. I know 2 people who sit in stands out west and its on their back fields waiting for elk. In Ontario the norm is to sit there for a week on a baited stand. The norm out west is to quad three days up the side of a mountain and stalk for a week. I understand how you have no comprehension of doing so but in my first hunting trip following my technique and I have come up on some trophy that half of you can only dream upon and this isnt even in Northern Ontario, if 80% of the hunters are hunting in Southern Ontario it makes sense to go deeper where no one else is going... The is a difference between hunting and baiting. All I am saying, putting corn in a feeder once a week for 4 months is not hunting.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I believe it's entirely possible that cougars are in Ontario, or more accurately I am not so arrogant to proclaim that they can't be here because I've never seen one....

I'm just not sure about the beaver dam perched on a steep hillside....😜