Thread: walleye fishing

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default walleye fishing

who know a good spot to catch walleye and lk trout
    looking to get away for 3 to 4 days seen lots in quebec . just do not know witch one are good or duds
    would perfer a drive to place . and really would like to stay in ont.
    pls need some advice

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I am currently in Red Lake fishing. This place is way beyond my dreams. Fish after fish after fish
    Woody

Nothing is more certain than an extremist's hatred of compromise

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Jellicoe/Greenstone area up to Lake Nipigon will give you all the walleye and lakers you want.Most lakes are drive to and have decent launches for a 12-14 ft boat.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

check out lodges in Manitouwadge Walleye Lake Trout Specks Northern Pike

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Taggert's Bay Lodge in Laniel, Quebec on Lake Kipawa is a good spot for trout and the pickerel picks up after the middle of June.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Cedar Lake Algonquin Provincial Park. Hands down, the best walleye lake trout combination fishery i have ever fished.
    "You're just bitter because someone is questioning your know it allness." Huggybear

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Woodland Caribou and Wabakimi Provincial parks are amazing. Some of the lakes are literally insane. We've done several trips in both, and ran 18lb leadcore on 209 Penn reels. Big pike(30lbs+) are a bonus when you're trolling 25-35'down. Lots of fun trying to beach them when you're fishing from the canoe. Woodland had the better laker fishing. Incredible walleye at both, esp. on the smaller lakes that don't get outfitter traffic.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Location can depend on the time of year, also some Lakes allow two rods per person so it doubles your chances and allows you to run different presentations.

Here are my suggestions for Walleye/Pickerel OR Rainbows/Salmon - but not much Lakers:

If you have a boat big enough try around Pelee Island in Lake Erie during spring for Walleye (two rods per person), Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario in the late fall for Walleye (one rod per in BOQ but two rods in Lake O), for summer try Lake Ontario for Salmon, or Lake Nippissing along the French River water shed system for Walleye.

Judging from the above posts I may need to try further North on my Walleye trips!
    Last edited by Marker; May 15th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
    National Association for Search and Rescue