Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

A great day on the water for sure.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

It would be reasonable to conclude the fish get spooked and shut down, but I think they simply get quite "selective". I don't go to the Grand a lot, but when I have, I've ended up using mostly caddis nymphs and emergers, because that's what I saw in the water at the time. I'm not a great fly casting technician, but I know how to present a drag free drift. I've caught some nice ones just a few feet in front of me, while other much more skillful fly fisherman around me were presenting drys perfectly and catching nothing.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

These guys continue to elude me but I will not give up trying. After all its not that tough to stand up to your hips in the middle of a river and watch the day go by...

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northernympher View Post
    These guys continue to elude me but I will not give up trying. After all its not that tough to stand up to your hips in the middle of a river and watch the day go by...
    That was the best part of last summer for me.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Better becareful moby dick is in there.I think about 4 or 5 years ago,2 browns were caught up by the dam.Both weighted 14 lbs.On is stuffed on the wall at Natural Sports in Kitchner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12