Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best recipe for catfish?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Here is the thread I started

http://www.oodmag.com/community/show...to-eat-catfish

one of the biggest recommendation I was told to try was blackend catfish ( have yet to try ). Next time I get some I am going to try a few of the recipes. I personally just use a cajun fish crisp or what ever fish crisp I have at the time. And I soak the fish for a night in water and squeeze an orange and lemon in the water. Some times I also use milk to soak them

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Fish Crisp has some new flavours and I think one is a Cajun. Catfish deep fries nicely.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigman View Post
    Fish Crisp has some new flavours and I think one is a Cajun. Catfish deep fries nicely.
    Gonna have to look into that. I love fish crisp

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pikeattack View Post
    ok im sort of lost here...... why wouldnt you eat anything out of the grand? people eat trout bass and walleye from there all the time!
    Most of the fish I catch out of the grand stink and I'm not about to eat something stinky haha

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

are you fishing above or below the dam? ive never caught a smelly fish in the grand other then carp.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

We just take all the undesirable flesh off and cut into pcs and cook like walleye in a flour pepper cajun mixture fryin pan olive oil. Super eating butjust spring fish outa the Thames.

Coarse fish magnet

User Info Menu

I like my grand kitties baked, get yer hands on the smaller fellas.

Cut length wise sections (after having washed / gutted the fish thoroughly)

Fill the belly cavity with w.e herbs / spices you like.

Rub the same into the slices you made in the flesh earlier.

Bake !

Peel of skin - let fish hit palate and melt in yer mouth

YUM !
    Those who profit from death, misery, and destruction have mastered propaganda and the art of persuasion - There will always be the "Other"

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

found a small lake up north full of them, some look to be 20" but lots of small ones, caught a few last weekend but let them all go, going to actually target them next time. heard Blueberries where a good bait to use. but think they'll bite on anything.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I cooked one up three weeks ago, 2.5lbs of fillet, with lots of spices and the GF and I could still taste the mud but the kids loved it.
    So, if you are use to eat mostly walleye and perch and know your fish you are going to be disappointed...

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Skining catfish has a technique all it own. Youtube it, I nail head to a tree, run the fillet knife from front fin, across top of head to other front fin. peel up an edge on each side of head, then two 8" lineman pliers and pull down equally on both sides. After fillet out back straps. Boneless goodness in pan.
    My two year quest is to catch a Ling in the winter.
    Mark Snow, Leader Of The, Ontario Libertarian Party

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast