Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Handgun Hunting

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Handgun Hunting

I just recently I received some communication that though various organizations there was some effort taking place to reintroduce handgun hunting in Ontario. Considering the relative power and expected range that shots would take place, the concept compares favorably with bow hunting. I also was reminded that handgun hunting was legal in Ontario right up until 1968, so there has been some precident set for this. This very much interested me as I do own handguns and the possibility of expanding on their use to hunting seems positive. After reading that the proposals included strict control with open and holstered carry, and only to individuals who first meet all the criteria for restricted, I was completely sold on the idea. Not sure how other hunters feel about this but would be curious to see what support there may be out there.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I like the idea and why not .

TD

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

As long as it is done responsibly I don't see why not? I would expect minimum calibre and energy requirements for certain game.
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Default Handgun Hunting

I would support it but I have my doubts that it will be a reality last time I checked the Liberals weren't handgun friendly and I doubt the current government would have the balls to make it a option.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

While I don't own a handgun and don't plan on owning one even if hunting with them becomes an option, anything which increases hunting opportunities for hunters, I am 100% behind. I wish you guys the best of luck with this and if there is a petition needed to be signed please let me know.

Dyth

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I would love this, I just don't know how they would setup permits, maybe if they had an ATT to each hunting land you have permission for. I like the idea but I doubt it would happen.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

You have got to be kidding! Hunting with a handgun. If hunting with a rifle, shotgun, compound or crossbow has become too boring maybe you should consider another sport. Handguns were made for protection and target shooting, not hunting. I'm not sure where you got your information but I don't recall handguns being used for hunting in 1968 or any other year in Ontario.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beardchaser View Post
    You have got to be kidding! Hunting with a handgun. If hunting with a rifle, shotgun, compound or crossbow has become too boring maybe you should consider another sport. Handguns were made for protection and target shooting, not hunting. I'm not sure where you got your information but I don't recall handguns being used for hunting in 1968 or any other year in Ontario.
    handguns have been used to hunt many species of game both here before 68 and south of the border , you should do a little research about handgun hunting , some of us would also like to be able to use ours for our trapping trade without being penalized by needless paperwork , regulations and costs that go with the current atc system
    You got one shot at life where are your sights aimed today ?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Honestly I don't ever recall anyone hunting in the 60's with a handgun in Ontario, or even talking about it. Yes, they do it in the states. I've witnessed it in Pennsylvania. Nothing weirder than a hunter with a 44 mag strapped to his hip. Sorry, but I feel a need for a certain amount of traditionalism. Now, for trappers, I agree. You guys should have been allowed to carry them years ago.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I'd love to be able to hunt with a t/c contender in one of the many rifle calibers as well
    You got one shot at life where are your sights aimed today ?

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast