Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite turkey choke brands?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Favourite turkey choke brands?

I've been starting to think about my rookie year for turkey this spring

Looking for any advice on turkey chokes and brands etc.

I have a weatherby SA-08 deluxe in 12 ga

any advice?

thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Check out the Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike best choke I have ever used.

http://www.indiancreekss.com/choketubes.html

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I'm sure that there are many better choices out there but for me the Primos Tightwad tube works great. Here's the pattern I get with it at 40 yds.

Use a Federal Flitecontrol 2oz #5 load but also use Winchester 3" Turkey shells with maybe 10% less pellet count using the same choke. Pattern depicted has 85 pellets in a 10" circle, 25 of them in the poorly depicted head/neck area.

For just over $22 bucks it fits my budget and hasn't let me down, check out the Cabelas site for user reviews, most of them are glowing.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Every gun, choke, and shell will throw a different pattern. Need to experiment with yours to find the best combination. For me it's a Remington 870 Express Magnum, HS Strut Undertaker XT HD Turkey Choke firing Remington Premier High Density #5

its important to be mindful of was stripping chokes and shells that use flight control wads as the two are not compatible and patterns may be inconsistent.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Canadian Waterfowl Supplies Pro Staff | Go Hunt Birds Field Staff

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Hs strut. Cheap and just works. Never lost a bird with that choke.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Awesome, I got somewhere to start! thanks all!

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Primos Jellyhead for me combined with either hevi-13 #6 3.5" 2 1/4 oz or Winchester Supreme Elite 3.5 #6 as well. I would rather spend the extra $$ on premium shells when I only shoot two per year
    "I may not have gone where I was supposed to go, but I ended up where I was supposed to be"

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Had great patterns with the Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike choke in my Remington 870 with Winchester HV 3" #6's.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have the Weatherby SA-08 20g... still having difficulty finding a choke for it. Good luck pman.

My bro uses HS Undertaker Extra Full for 12g... and has bang-flopped turkeys out to 58 yards with it in a Mossy 500 and also a Winchester 1200. It's a cheaper option, but does the job reliably.
    Roosted ain't Roasted.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Benelli supernova with the carlsons extra full turkey choke with 3.5 Remington nitro #5

FOWLFIGHTERS Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast