Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recipes for perch, other than frying?

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Recipes for perch, other than frying?

Is there any other way to prepare perch that is as good as fried? I like them battered and fried, but there is only so much fried fish I can eat. What other ways can perch be used?
    Girl Gone Wild

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

a few months back OOD had a recipe for panfish chowder, I made up a batch, and it was alright but the kids preferred it beer battered! LOL. they were quick to tell me all perch are to be fried and to go get more grouse before I make soups again.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I started get tired of fried fish, so I tried this.
    Still have to use a frying pan. Marinate perch fillets in a curry mixture for 15 minutes. In a large pan saute some sliced peppers and onions, then add some chopped tomato when the peppers and onions are done. Add a teaspoon of peanut butter and stir into vegetables. Then add a can of coconut milk and any spices (Thai spice) you might like and bring to a low boil. Lay the perch fillets on top of this mixture and cover for 3 minutes. Carefully turn the perch over and cook unitl the fish begins to flake. Remove from heat and toss together then serve on a bed of rice. Do not over cook the fish as it will ruin the dish. You can make it the easy way by buying a Satay package from an asian grocery store. Use the marinade and be creative with the second part.
    Try it, you'll like it!

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Put a perch filet on a small dish. Put a pat of butter on it. Sprinkle garlic salt and parsley on it also. Put it in the microwave for around 1 minute (depending on your microwave).
    Try it, you won't be disapponted...
    ><((({*> TROUTY ><((({*>

User Info Menu

I have friends from New Brunswick who love fish stew - even fish head stew.

Moose on the Brain

User Info Menu

Fish Heads, Fish Heads Roly Poly fish heads.
    Fish heads, Fish heads, eat them up yum.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

finely chop red onion red pepper and some dill pand fry then chop some perch add to pan mix with small amount of cream cheese and serve on a cracker delicious.

Hedgehog

User Info Menu

well speaking of trying perch a different way, came home with roughly 20 perch yesterday , and after filleting them and cleaning them decided on having some tonight as a appetizer, perch fillets wrapped in BACON and cooked like you would cook a bacon wrapped scallop.

Got this recipe from a fellow fishermen a few years ago. pretty tasty....

User Info Menu

my dad being a dutch man likes to poach his fish ,you need a pan about three inches high put in one cup of vinager and one cup of water a little salt and pepper to taste ,once boiing turn down to simmer add a little pat of butter and lay fish in let cook about three minutes or until flaky .you can adjust the vinegar and water to taste ,enjoy we cook eel this way ,yummy Dutch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast