Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Buying in United States

  1. #21
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3030 View Post
    Yikes I bought a rifled barrel for my Mossberg at Bass Pro in florida 6 yrs ago when I was on vaction with the kids.I just threw it in the the back of the van thinking nothing of it or else I would of been sweating and studdering at the border.
    My dad drives down to Fla every winter. He used to buy ammo down there and bring it back without a 2nd thought.

    True. The incidence of US Customs stopping vehicles exiting the US is rare. Probably rarer still would be involving BATF agents.

    While not a lawyer ( I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)...I would say that if it's a first time thing, and as a Canadian citizen you didn't know the applicable laws, then it might result in a simple forfeiture of the firearms parts / ammo. But then again.....do you want to take the chance?
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

    Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebulldog View Post
    My dad drives down to Fla every winter. He used to buy ammo down there and bring it back without a 2nd thought.

    True. The incidence of US Customs stopping vehicles exiting the US is rare. Probably rarer still would be involving BATF agents.

    While not a lawyer ( I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)...I would say that if it's a first time thing, and as a Canadian citizen you didn't know the applicable laws, then it might result in a simple forfeiture of the firearms parts / ammo. But then again.....do you want to take the chance?
    If you're caught, I'm skeptical they would take ignorance of the law as an excuse. They might be having a good day and let you out with nothing more than a forfeiture, but then again they also may enjoy nailing you to the wall as well.
    Get the net...Get the net...Get the net!

  4. #23
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1395 View Post
    If you're caught, I'm skeptical they would take ignorance of the law as an excuse. They might be having a good day and let you out with nothing more than a forfeiture, but then again they also may enjoy nailing you to the wall as well.
    Exactly my point.

    It would be a shame if they decided today was the day they set an example.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

    Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

  5. #24
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

  6. #25
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
    Of course it isn't.

    I did not say it was.

    In the case of my father, and no doubt several other travelers. Often there is a degree of some leniency provided, particularly in the case of an individual with benign intentions, and not having any prior criminal background. Typically resulting in a forfeiture of the goods.

    English comprehension gentlemen. Read the statement in context with what was provided after it.
    "Camo" is perfectly acceptable as a favorite colour.

    Proud member - Delta Waterfowl, CSSA, and OFAH

  7. #26
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    With all the pressure from our justice department to stop firearm smuggling,I wouldn't want to be the guy that got stopped. I'll bet that they wouldn't cut you one inch of slack.
    I like my firearms like Liberals like voters-----undocumented.

    Proud supporter of OFAH,CCFR,NRA,A.F.& A.M. and Shriners Children's Hospitals.

  8. #27
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks for all the info everyone, does anyone know of a site or place where I would be able to buy a browning BPS slug barrel here in Canada ? I'm from the niagara area....

    L2H

  9. #28
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Lake Huron Rod & Gun has them from time to time.
    "The language of dogs and birds teaches you your own language."
    -- Jim Harrison (1937 - 2016)

  10. #29
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by love2hunt View Post
    Thanks for all the info everyone, does anyone know of a site or place where I would be able to buy a browning BPS slug barrel here in Canada ? I'm from the niagara area....

    L2H
    I've seen the prices and your probably better off buying a dedicated slug gun or a BPS that already has a slug barrel. Either way, good luck with the search.

  11. #30
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    This site seems too good to be true. They import guns and sell them for less than the canadian dealers. At no extra cost. What's the catch?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •