Thread: Simcoe help

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Simcoe help

I was thinking of hitting Simcoe for some perch, I fished Gilford last year lots of little ones,but it was fun. But this year I was thinking of hitting Virginia beach. Is there any parking there other then the ice and I'm planing on walking to find some fish, is it possible there. bare with me i haven't fished Simcoe and that area since i was a kid so its new to me.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

the fish seem to be in shallow the last couple of weeks, i was getting jumbos in 10 feet, fish are not in schools but the average size did surprise me (this was 1 week ago) don't know how it is now but have heard more of the sinks moved in but fish are still not in schools.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

thanks pikeattack
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I went to gilford new years day and last week end lots of dinks they are catching some pike go to peters live video just type in peters ice huts. Last saturday it showed some guys who fished the east end hammered nice size perch.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I've only been out a few times for perch this year but I seem to be picking the wrong days or in the wrong place. VB is/was one of my fave places but I have not been there yet this year. Your plan seems right on, I've always done best there when keeping mobile until I find them. I've done best in 9-12fow (which does little to narrow down the area lol) in areas with weed patches. This is one place that I find stirring up the bottom really helps because given the flat area they can see for quite a distance and it brings them in.
    Heeere fishy fishy fishy fishy! :fish:

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Shallow is all wrong 30+ ft for jumbos
    Rip yanken em!!

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

i think you will get hit with a parking ticket if you park on hadden rd

there is on ice parking usually

one of my fav spots too, had some great days there
    :fish:Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught:fish:

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Only spots to park at vb and safe is on the ice , the walk is a very long one to get out to good perch grounds, perch are hanging out in 12 to 20 fow and about 3/4 of the way to Georgina island , best of luck ,