Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Turn 65 this year

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath. I am 63 and when I applied for my new Outdoors Card, the prompt would not let me select a 3 year fishing licence, only 1 year so next Dec31st I will have to purchase another 1 year licence.....WTF...................Boog
    I haven't really fished much for several years but I get a combo license every renewal anyway. I renewed for 3 years in Dec. not realizing the fishing license was free for geezers at 65. I turned 63 in Jan. so I guess I've already paid for 2016 when I'll be a geezer! I wonder if I can get a rebate, lol.
    CCFR Member

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

63, you may not be a senior, but you are geezer Canthitathing. Lol
    Woody

Nothing is more certain than an extremist's hatred of compromise

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woody1948 View Post
    The biggest change I find, outside of a failing memory, I get out of the shower after hockey and come home and lay down for a couple of hours. My ritual for years and years was to drink beer for a couple of hours. The sacrifices I make, lol.
    I know I'm getting old when I used to raise hell and howl at the moon all night. Now,it's howl at the moon and run to the end of my leash. LOL
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I know I'm getting old when I used to raise hell and howl at the moon all night. Now,it's howl at the moon and run to the end of my leash. LOL
    Your not doing bad if your " running " to the end of your leash . What kind of vitamins are you taking to still run ? LOL I just walk now . LOL but do howl at the moon . LOL

TD

Member for Life

User Info Menu

So were giving all the old people a break on their fishing license? Since most of you old guy's are retired or semi retired shouldn't we actually charge you more? I mean you have more time to hunt and fish which means more game. So maybe just maybe we should actually charge a premium for you license. I don't know something like 2% surcharge for each year over 59.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    So were giving all the old people a break on their fishing license? Since most of you old guy's are retired or semi retired shouldn't we actually charge you more? I mean you have more time to hunt and fish which means more game. So maybe just maybe we should actually charge a premium for you license. I don't know something like 2% surcharge for each year over 59.
    Maybe a one year test period then if it doesn't work we could have it phased out over say the next 7 years. Could work and generate some revenue as a cushion for the no fee test period.

outback

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Well, I'm glad you fogies "figgered out how to use them computers". No hunting conversations would be the quite same without the input of the older guys. Reminds me that I always have more to learn, no matter how much I think I already know.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

When I get to 65 I will be buying the small game one year at a time. Not going to get any extra cash out me if I decide to take a Dirt Nap .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234