Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nippising hots spots

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Nippising hots spots

I'm heading to north bay this weekend and would like to maximize fishing time. Wondering if there is anywhere I could get on the perch with out a sled or atv. Any help would be wicked!!!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Just starting out

User Info Menu

with the cold weather moving in this week you'll find most of your pickerel sitting deep... i would recomend heading to the main lake and stay away from your bays.. 30 feet of water is about a 1.5 km walk Perch will be out there too but i mean if you go off the point of sunset park you should find both

good luck out there... emerald shiner on a buckshot or a jigging rap should do the trick for pickerel... perch... pretty much anything with a small hook

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hey thanks a lot!!! How is the ice travel on the lake? Save some walking lol

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Go near callander bay into deep water. ask the bait shops for directions go into around 27Ft in the bay and you should be ok. try talking to billy bobs bait shop for some good spots when you get to town

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by I_cant_fish View Post
    with the cold weather moving in this week you'll find most of your pickerel sitting deep... i would recomend heading to the main lake and stay away from your bays.. 30 feet of water is about a 1.5 km walk Perch will be out there too but i mean if you go off the point of sunset park you should find both

good luck out there... emerald shiner on a buckshot or a jigging rap should do the trick for pickerel... perch... pretty much anything with a small hook
    Well, it would be more then a 1.5km walk to get to deep waters. Going this far on the lake will only get you into about 16ft. You have to travel about 8km on the lake to start get into 30ft.

You will still get into perch in 15ft of water and the walleye will hit before sunset. Buckshots, Swedish Pimples, jig heads and some other lures will work tipped with a minnow. If the perch are bitting good. There are some lures you can use without a minnow that will work.
    Fishing is not an adventure, it's my life!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help, any access by truck? With this cold snap things must be tightening up.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo1990 View Post
    Thanks for the help, any access by truck? With this cold snap things must be tightening up.
    There is a few spots to drive off. There is Sunset Point which is the spot that you want to drive off if heading into deeper water. The lake will tighten up for sure this week. If you drive out from Sunset Point...just drive out and follow the tracks out. When you get to where the group of ice huts, you will be hitting the point just before the 30ft mark. Just drive past them a bit to the right and you should be in a good spot.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks bass man, I really appreciate the help! I've been looking forward to this for weeks now.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo1990 View Post
    Thanks bass man, I really appreciate the help! I've been looking forward to this for weeks now.
    Not a problem man. Another thing is if the bit is slow, go into deeper waters. Don't be afraid to move around.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I'll keep that in mind! Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast